Training Center Manager (m/f)
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
TE's Energy business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers a wide range of reliable and cost-effective products for the electrical power industry. Our position as a leading supplier of electrical components enables us to design next-generation products. For over 60 years, we have worked closely with our customers around the globe to develop innovative solutions to ever-changing challenges, known under names such as Axicom, Crompton Instruments and Simel. Some of the industries that we serve include energy generation, distribution, and transmission.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Managing, developing and leading the Training business from Ottobrunn to ensure the business achieves growth targets, to include:
- Building a team to support EMEA training needs
- Identify and managing course development
- Coordination of training activities with the EMEA PM & TSE teams
- Ensuring quality of technologically appropriate materials
- Implementing the plan to grow the training business
- Acting as a centre of knowledge for training services and training development, building a team to deliver the training programs in Ottobrunn, through our partners and at our customers locations in EMEA
- Initially focusing on Medium Voltage Cable Accessories, thereafter develop training programs for all EMEA product needs identified through collaboration with Product Management and Technical Service Engineering teams.
- Identifying, developing and deploying a variety of training services using technology to accelerate growth by bringing innovative learning solutions and training methods to the TE Connectivity client base.
- Identifying the training needs of our customers within the EMEA region and translate these into company, channel and industry training programs.
- Managing the process for content development in EMEA as well as implement models to evaluate the quality of materials and quality of the development.
- Developing, driving and managing the system for prioritising training in EMEA and then for the development of training. This will include ensuring the application of the correct learning approach and the development of the content (e-learning, F2F and blended training/learning) to meet market or customer requirements.
- Identifying and managing key sub-contractors and/or external suppliers.
- Ensuring the correct roll-out and adherence of the delivery platforms across the region (use of learning management systems, implementation of credit card payment and on-line booking, e-learning development/hosting process).
- Experience in a relevant management/business development position in a training company with responsibility for working across the organisation’s functions to develop training programs matched to channel and industry needs.
- Development of a team to fulfil the identified training needs of an organisation/customer base and have introduced new content delivery systems/approaches in doing so.
- Have had experience in product demonstration and presentation; with required hand skills to be able to assemble LV & MV cable accessories and, ideally, experience in training and supervision for jointers and installers.
- Liaising with Product Management and R&D as part of the new product development process providing customer application requirements.
- Liaising with Sales management to provide technical input into the tendering process to meet the training needs of customers.
Particular skill / aptitude required:
- Highly practical in nature with good hand skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Skilled in presentation of product installation and communication of key steps.
- German and English are required. English is the Corporate language. Fluency in other widely spoken languages is desirable
- Ability to lead and motivate towards shared objectives
- Ability to coach and train team members
- Ability to interact cross-functionally, with senior management, suppliers and customer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (highly developed presentation skills)
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong organizational and Change Management skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Below is a searchable map that is not displayable via screenreader
Follow this link to reach our Job Search page and search the available jobs in a more accessible manner
Ottobrunn, BY, DE, 85521
Education Experience: Masters or MBA Degree
Travel: 25% to 50%
Job Segment: Training, Developer, Business Development, Electrical, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Sales, Engineering
Position: Account Manager EMEA - Computing (m/w/d) Job Description: This is a business to business sales and purchasing role, in a very dynamic and commercial working environment, where electronic...
Covance is searching for a Study Start Up Specialist I to be office based in Munich. Candidates from other European countries with fluent or good German language skills are also very...
Position: Regional Sales Manager - DACH (m/w/d) Job Description: Converge is a one stop shop for all and any supply chain needs. As one of the most successful parts of Arrow, and a leader in its...
The Enterprise Account Manager develops sales of Bold360 and Bold360ai in the German speaking enterprise market. The tasks will include prospecting and mining assigned leads, expanding business...
Business Marketing Engineer (SEC) - (1900157) Description This is an opportunity to create, drive, and execute the marketing strategy of the Solutions Engineering organization. The position will...
JR0083855 - Retail Sales Account Manager in Germany Retail Consumer Sales Team (m/f), Intel, etwa ein MonatJob ID: JR0083855 Job Category: Sales Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: Experienced Hire Retail Sales Account Manager in Germany Retail Consumer Sales Team (m/f) Job...
Position: Account Manager EMEA - Computing (m/w/d) Job Description: This is a business to...
Covance is searching for a Study Start Up Specialist I to be office based in Munich. Candidates...
Position: Regional Sales Manager - DACH (m/w/d) Job Description: Converge is a one stop shop for...
The Enterprise Account Manager develops sales of Bold360 and Bold360ai in the German speaking...
Business Marketing Engineer (SEC) - (1900157) Description This is an opportunity to create,...
JR0083855 - Retail Sales Account Manager in Germany Retail Consumer Sales Team (m/f), Intel, etwa ein MonatJob ID: JR0083855 Job Category: Sales Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type:...