Be part of Gameforge's Digital Distribution Platform Development Team and help bringing high quality PC games to our customers. You get the chance to work on a key component of our future vision of publishing and distributing high quality PC games. You will develop large scale software solutions by studying needs, data usage, work processes and system flows. In addition, organizing and preparing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming will be your tasks, as well as working with Technical Operations in order to install these. Your goal will be to improve dev operations by conducting systems analysis, implementing changes in policies and procedures. Furthermore, you will find yourself responsible for conferring with product owners and users, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle. This role resides within the Technical Division, reports to a Technical Director and functions as mentor and guide for other developers.
Tasks to inspire:
• Documentation of solutions via flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments
• Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code
• Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Encouraging ownership of code and code quality of each developer by ensuring thorough testing even before Quality Assurance
• Maintaining, testing and improving the performance of existing software to ensure strong functionality and optimization
• Determining and implementing proper tools and software for the project
• Clear and regular communication with management and technical support colleagues
• Breaking down specifications into the simplest elements
• Providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members and direct reports
• Working to cross train, sharing knowledge and helping other developers
• Providing excellent service to your customers
Qualifications to convince:
• Several years of experience in either game or software development
• Proficiency in Windows API programming
• Strong proficiency in C++, with thorough knowledge of the language specification
• Proficiency in C++ 11 programming
• Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
• Proficiency in Visual Studio 2015
• Nice to have: QT Framework and graphics programming knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle and server technologies
• Thorough understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
• Knowledge of and desire to generate best practices and process improvement
• Multithreading and synchronization mechanisms
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms. Fluent German is a plus
• Ability to motivate teams and team members.
• Being strict about documenting and sharing knowledge, as well as highly driven to closing of knowledge gaps and providing mentoring
• Ability to work on a team of experts, holding each other accountable, trusting each other, speaking up respectfully and being OK with respectful conflict
• Excitement about "outside the box" thinking to find unique and/or innovative solutions to problems
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solving abilities
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Being able to learn quickly and adapt to change in directions
• Ability to work well under pressure
A company to connect:
• The informal atmosphere of a start-up company combined with over 10 years' experience in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• A great working environment within a multi-cultural team
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit every day - all sourced from local suppliers!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• The opportunity to reach millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager to lead the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment...
Sales Trainee (m/f) in our Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP), HARMAN International, 29 TageRequisition Id : 106182 Every brilliant invention had a beginning At HARMAN, you will be an integral part of the team and relied upon to share your unique perspective. The ability to apply...
Tasks/Responsibilities: Responsible to manage and make critical decisions on all aspects of supplier relationship Develop and execute sub-category strategies through alignment with Harman...
Job Type: Permanent Apply for this job Date Posted: 2nd February 2018 Location: Karlsruhe, Germany Contact Name: Scott Johnson Telephone: + 44 191 3001844 Reference: 010218K Salary: €95000 -...
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment centre Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their...
Requisition Id : 107197 Additional Work Location(s) : Tasks / Responsibilities: Ensure IT infrastructure and application functions understand the requirements of and are compliant with...
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager to lead the...
Sales Trainee (m/f) in our Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP), HARMAN International, 29 TageRequisition Id : 106182 Every brilliant invention had a beginning At HARMAN, you will be an...
Tasks/Responsibilities: Responsible to manage and make critical decisions on all aspects of...
Job Type: Permanent Apply for this job Date Posted: 2nd February 2018 Location: Karlsruhe,...
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment centre Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer...
Requisition Id : 107197 Additional Work Location(s) : Tasks / Responsibilities: Ensure IT...