You will lead a team of highly skilled and motivated developers in a fast-paced and agile development environment. You will be organizing and preparing solutions, designing system specifications and standards and then will work to execute these solutions. You will also be responsible for working closely with product owners and users, investigating problem areas, and implementing our software development lifecycle. This role resides within the Technical Division, reports to a Technical Director and functions as mentor and guide for other developers.
Tasks to inspire:
• Documentation of solutions via flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments
• Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code
• Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Encouraging ownership of code and code quality of each developer by ensuring thorough testing even before Quality Assurance
• Maintaining, testing and improving the performance of existing software to ensure strong functionality and optimization
• Determining and implementing proper tools and software for the project
• Clear and regular communication with management and technical support colleagues
• Works closely with operations managers to identify technical risks and solutions
• Breaking down specifications into the simplest elements
• Providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members and direct reports
• Working to cross train, sharing knowledge and helping other developers
• Providing excellent service to your customers
Qualifications to convince:
• 5+ years of experience in either game or software development.
• Excellent knowledge of PHP5/7, OOP
• Good knowledge of SQL, preferably MySQL
• Confident and experienced handling of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Knowledge of and desire to generate best practices and process improvement
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms. Fluent German is a plus
• Ability to motivate teams and team members
• Being strict about documenting and sharing knowledge, as well as highly driven to closing of knowledge gaps and providing mentoring
• Ability to work on a team of experts, holding each other accountable, trusting each other, speaking up respectfully and being OK with respectful conflict
• Excitement about "outside the box" thinking to find unique and/or innovative solutions to problems
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem-solving abilities
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Being able to learn quickly and adapt to change in directions
A company to connect:
• The informal atmosphere of a start-up company combined with over 10 years' experience in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• A great working environment within a multi-cultural team
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit every day - all sourced from local suppliers!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• The opportunity to reach millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .
Requisition Id : 108139 Additional Work Location(s) : Garching, Germany Tasks / Responsibilities: In charge of recruitment for all Connected Car (and selected Corporate) positions for Europe...
This position is for a SW application engineer who is responsible for Marvell’s line of automotive Ethernet switch products. Along with answering customer questions and solving customer issues, an...
Tasks / Responsibilities: Application of high-frequency metrology for our automotive customers focused on Audio Amplifier and Systems Execute regulatory tests according to valid Automotive - /...
Postdoctoral Researcher Cavity control of rare earth ions : Karlsruhe, Germany, KIT - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, 7 TageTweet Facebook LinkedIn Google+ The Institute of Physics is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher Cavity control of rare earth ions Job description Rare earth ions provide...
We are actively looking for a Systems Engineer (m/f) who is attracted by the challenges of developing hardware systems for the silicon validation and prototyping of mixed-signal and digital ASICs...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 266 of 1000 Clinical Operations Manager - Karlsruhe - Medical Technology Company: Amoria Bond Location:...
Requisition Id : 108139 Additional Work Location(s) : Garching, Germany Tasks /...
This position is for a SW application engineer who is responsible for Marvell’s line of...
Tasks / Responsibilities: Application of high-frequency metrology for our automotive customers...
Postdoctoral Researcher Cavity control of rare earth ions : Karlsruhe, Germany, KIT - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, 7 TageTweet Facebook LinkedIn Google+ The Institute of Physics is inviting applications for...
We are actively looking for a Systems Engineer (m/f) who is attracted by the challenges of...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 266 of...