You will lead a team of highly skilled and motivated developers in a fast-paced and agile development environment. You will be organizing and preparing solutions, designing system specifications and standards and then will work to execute these solutions. You will also be responsible for working closely with product owners and users, investigating problem areas, and implementing our software development lifecycle. This role resides within the Technical Division, reports to a Technical Director and functions as mentor and guide for other developers.
Tasks to inspire:
• Documentation of solutions via flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments
• Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code
• Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Encouraging ownership of code and code quality of each developer by ensuring thorough testing even before Quality Assurance
• Maintaining, testing and improving the performance of existing software to ensure strong functionality and optimization
• Determining and implementing proper tools and software for the project
• Clear and regular communication with management and technical support colleagues
• Works closely with operations managers to identify technical risks and solutions
• Breaking down specifications into the simplest elements
• Providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members and direct reports
• Working to cross train, sharing knowledge and helping other developers
• Providing excellent service to your customers
Qualifications to convince:
• 5+ years of experience in either game or software development.
• Excellent knowledge of PHP5/7, OOP
• Good knowledge of SQL, preferably MySQL
• Confident and experienced handling of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Knowledge of and desire to generate best practices and process improvement
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms. Fluent German is a plus
• Ability to motivate teams and team members
• Being strict about documenting and sharing knowledge, as well as highly driven to closing of knowledge gaps and providing mentoring
• Ability to work on a team of experts, holding each other accountable, trusting each other, speaking up respectfully and being OK with respectful conflict
• Excitement about "outside the box" thinking to find unique and/or innovative solutions to problems
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem-solving abilities
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Being able to learn quickly and adapt to change in directions
A company to connect:
• The informal atmosphere of a start-up company combined with over 10 years' experience in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• A great working environment within a multi-cultural team
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit every day - all sourced from local suppliers!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• The opportunity to reach millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world works Industries Agriculture Construction& Operations Geospatial Natural Resources, Utilities &...
Tasks : Responsible for the development of the mechanical packaging for automotive display units including design surfaces Perform all packaging feasibility, tolerance calculation, define assembly...
Job Description Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/w) Job ID: 79862BR Location: Karlsruhe, Germany Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues...
Job Description Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f) Job ID: 79862BR Location: Karlsruhe, Germany Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues...
Tasks : Profound expertise in the design and specification of optical components for AR-HUDs including aspheric/flat mirrors, anti-reflective/hard coatings, polarized components, Picture...
Management Assistant Apply now » Date: Oct 19, 2018 Location: Bruchsal, BW, DE, 76646 Company: John Deere The John Deere brand stands for high quality and reliability. John Deere Walldorf GmbH Co....
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world...
Tasks : Responsible for the development of the mechanical packaging for automotive display units...
Job Description Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/w) Job ID: 79862BR Location: Karlsruhe,...
Job Description Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/f) Job ID: 79862BR Location: Karlsruhe,...
Tasks : Profound expertise in the design and specification of optical components for AR-HUDs...
Management Assistant Apply now » Date: Oct 19, 2018 Location: Bruchsal, BW, DE,...