Cubic Transportation Systems
How was your commute today? Roughly 54% of the current global population live in urban areas. Here’s a challenge! By 2050 that population will increase to 9 billion with 66% calling the urban environment home.
Make what you do matter, every day. Be a part of Cubic’s vision by developing technology aimed at helping billions of travellers move more easily within and between the world’s major cities.
We are a leading integrator of payment and information solutions. That means travellers make smarter travel decisions and transportation agencies manage demand across the entire transportation network – all in real time. Take a major customer like TfL (Transport for London). It trusts us to provide the technology needed for their passengers to move freely and easily across its network of buses, train and underground stations and roadways. Be it London’s Oyster, Sydney’s Opel or Chicago’s Ventra, our contactless payments and traffic management systems keep the transport network moving.
We challenge ourselves to remain at the forefront of our industry and continually develop new tools to keep up with ever-changing technologies and the growing demand for simpler travel solutions.
That’s a big task and we need your help.
Job Description Summary
The mobile team in Hamburg (Germany) is looking for a senior software engineer to design and implement new functionality for the mobile ticketing solutions, with the focus on Cubic’ s Alpha Romeo mobile ticketing platform.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Part of The SCRUM team in the role as either developer or SCRUM master.
- Takes responsibility in requirements analysis and architectural decisions.
- Design and implement mobile applications and associated back ends.
- Provide technical assistance to other engineering functions within Cubic e.g. other developers and system test.
- Report to team leader on performance against timescales, specifications and quality requirements. Identify any deviations from the plan and carry out corrective actions.
- Comply with Cubic’s Quality Management System
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organizations
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer science or relation field or equivalent professional experience or combination of both.
- Experience in commercial software development in the field of mobile devices, back-end and or cloud solutions
- At least basic knowledge of Java/JEE, Hibernate, REST, Spring, AJAX and/or other Java technologies
- Experience with UML for design and specification of software components
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and implementation
- Fluent German language skills
- Knowledge of SmartCards, NFC or Cryptography
- Previous experience of specification, design and development of software desirable
- Ability to organized or reports, manuals, procedures and status reports
- React or React Native knowhow
- Test-driven development
- Scrum or Kanban experience
- GIT and SVN knowhow
- Good English language skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in at least German & English
- Diligent, with attention to detail. Able to problem solve and find effective and timely resolutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards individual and shared goals.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiatives and under pressure.
- Aware of software development best practice and able to apply standards and procedures effectively.
• Support project team with creation of maps for wind resource assessments • Support internal service development projects • Support the department in daily business • Site visits, setting up...
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and...
Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential German English • kompetente Betreuung unserer nationalen und...
Regional Sales Manager Northwest (EMSL2108) Location: Germany northwest Language/s: Fluent German and English In this key role, you will manage, direct and drive direct sales into Commercial...
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, Jorja Smith, Run The Jewels and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an...
Job Description Role Purpose: This role will work directly with the Brand and Communication Business Partner to ensure a fully integrated marketing approach for Germany. You will be working...
• Support project team with creation of maps for wind resource assessments • Support internal...
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell...
Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to...
Regional Sales Manager Northwest (EMSL2108) Location: Germany northwest Language/s: Fluent...
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company distributing music from artists such as...
Job Description Role Purpose: This role will work directly with the Brand and Communication...