Your Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Build a Strategic Product Plan that considers a broad range of market intelligence including customer, competitive, industry intelligence and a full understanding of the technology roadmap
- Based upon Market Intelligence, synthesize a product roadmap (hardware, software, services) with innovative unique differentiators that will resonate with customer needs and position Harman as a leader in the field of telematics
- Work closely with customer engineering teams to solidify product requirements, influence the technical direction and to build confidence in Harman’s products and product delivery capabilities
- Communicate customer technical requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure customers’ product expectations are being met
- Work across the global product generation function to influence and drive acceptance of product concepts deliver products to market
- Make decisions regarding hardware features, performance and pricing
- Establish a position of expertise that is recognized in the organization and across the industry
- Generate compelling subject matter content to support adjacent functions (Marketing, Sales, etc.)
- Manage program risk proactively, identify program risks and coordinate meetings with the PM and multi discipline functions to address risks before they become issues
- Assemble and maintain processes, metrics and dashboards to track and measure product success (Manage all product delivery elements)
- Provide monthly program status updates via the standard template. Represent the products internally to senior management during program, quality and operations reviews
- Lead the product quality adherence to follow standard Harman processes and maintain product related documentation
- Primary escalation point for both internal and external project software communications for the dedicated customer project
Your Required Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer or Communications Engineering or related field and 15 years of experience in a product management role with responsibility for advanced technology products. A Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering would be preferred
- Broad technical background with general knowledge of cellular and network technology, smart phones, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Infotainment systems, vehicle bus, advanced safety, cloud-based services, and automotive requirements. Specific experience in the assigned technology area (See Job Title)
- Proven technical leadership with experience working in the technology industry or automotive industry
- Previous experience in working with hardware, software, systems and cloud-based services and content
- Specific detailed experience with mobile antenna systems including design, characterization and optimization especially in the high frequency (500+ Mhz) domain, alternative experience in the definition, design, deployment and characterization of V2X systems
- Must be able to articulate vision and influence decision-making outcomes with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and the customer
- Must be able to define a strong data-backed business case to support product decisions
- Ability to write cohesive peer-reviewed white papers and make compelling technical presentations to technical and business audiences
- Extraordinary oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence across cross-functional teams and to work effectively with business and technology leaders
- Experience managing external and internal vendors/partners
- Exceptional reputation as an innovator based on having created forward-looking research, projects, and award winning publications
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business including creation and presentation of compelling content
- Fluent in German and English. Proficiency in Korean or Mandarin Chinese would be a plus
- Willingness to travel as required by job demands (approximately 25% of the time)
- Attractive salary package
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- Attractive salary package
- Training on the job and technical trainings
- Further development opportunities
- A great package of additional benefits such as flexible working time, free parking spaces or allowance for public transportation, language courses, employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG; HARMAN Kardon) and much more
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online, which will take you approx. 3 min. to fill out the form and upload your documents (CV, letter of motivation, university certificate, and reference letters).
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com )
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Marketing, Engineering
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 379 of 1000 Product Development Manager – Medical Device - Wound Treatment Company: Barrington James...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 380 of 1000 Product Development Manager – Medical Device - Wound Treatment Company: Barrington James...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 369 of 1000 Sales Representative South Germany Company: EPM Scientific Location: Stuttgart Reference:...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 274 of 1000 Regulatory Affairs Consultant Company: ProClinical Ltd Location: Stuttgart Reference:...
Trainee for future leaders’ program INspire - the Leaders‘ Lab Description Are you IN for the exceptional? Join our future leaders’ program INspire – the Leaders’ Lab. By adding your energy to...
Das ist BNP Paribas Real Estate: ein führendes internationales Immobilienunternehmen mit 5.000 Mitarbeitern weltweit und 750 Mitarbeitern an 11 Standorten in Deutschland. In fünf unterschiedlichen...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 379 of...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 380 of...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 369 of...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 274 of...
Trainee for future leaders’ program INspire - the Leaders‘ Lab Description Are you IN for the...
Das ist BNP Paribas Real Estate: ein führendes internationales Immobilienunternehmen mit 5.000...