- Responsible for the development of the mechanical packaging for automotive display units including design surfaces
- Perform all packaging feasibility, tolerance calculation, define assembly concept and support thermal simulation, vibration, shock analysis and head impact testing to ensure design meets product specification
- Design and validate a haptic feedback solution for automotive display application
- Support RFI, Pre RFQ and RFQ activity related to touch-display modules and other user interfaces
- Responsible for ensuring product meets customer, legal and internal requirements, specifications and cost targets
- Responsibly steer and control mechanical projects, supervise and report project status, ensure economical project targets, evaluate customer change requests
- Prepare documents and reports with cross-functional teams for engineering and program management along with participating in design reviews with customers and engineering peers
- Support remote display module realization of customer requirements and specifications, product test plans, and production QA processes to ensure the development and manufacture of quality products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer and project lead
- Experience with Catia or ProE
- Experience with plastic/trim/glass lens development for automotive products such as radio faceplate, display trim cover, center console, cockpit and door trim parts
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes primarily injection molding, stamping, die-casting, lamination, coating and in mold decoration
- Strong project leading skills and experience to drive projects independently
- Fluent in English; German would be a benefit
- Willingness to travel
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers and enterprises worldwide, including audio, visual and infotainment systems; enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company’s software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 27,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.2 billion during the last 12 months ended June 30, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com ) #LI-GT1
Looking for other, simular user experience (UX), user interface (UI) positions in Karlsbad? Have a look at our careersite https://www.harman.com/careers
Posting Notes: Select this (Reserved for Future Use)
Job Segment: Thermal Engineering, R&D Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Coating, Engineering, Manufacturing
Key Account Manager Daimler (m/f/d)-SAL12989 Description New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution,...
Product Design Engineer (limited contract)-RD 14076 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design,...
Program Quality Leader (m/f)-QUA18753 Description New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution,...
Junior Plant Controller - International Assignment, VIE-FIN16054 Description Faurecia? Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry....
Process Engineer (f/m)-LEI004690 About Us Leica Biosystems is a cancer diagnostics company and a global leader in workflow solutions. Only Leica Biosystems offers the most comprehensive portfolio...
Sr. Engineer Software Tracking Code E19-047 Job Description Management and staff in Kofax’s Software Engineering job family help the company to build and improve new and/or existing software...
Key Account Manager Daimler (m/f/d)-SAL12989 Description New trends and expectations are...
Product Design Engineer (limited contract)-RD 14076 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity...
Program Quality Leader (m/f)-QUA18753 Description New trends and expectations are reshaping the...
Junior Plant Controller - International Assignment, VIE-FIN16054 Description Faurecia? Faurecia...
Process Engineer (f/m)-LEI004690 About Us Leica Biosystems is a cancer diagnostics company and a...
Sr. Engineer Software Tracking Code E19-047 Job Description Management and staff in Kofax’s...