Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/w)
Job ID: 79862BR
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22 billion and over 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Our multi-disciplinary team is looking for a key member in the development of Rheometer and Viscometer for Material Characterization. Our work exists at the intersection of cutting-edge sensor and actor design, embedded firmware, digital communication, software instrument control and physics.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer within the Material Characterization Research and Development (R&D) group at Thermo Fisher Scientific will lead aspects of the design, test, and integration of firmware for embedded system control. The role involves collaboration with other firmware and software engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, project managers, throughout the product lifecycle.
This position will require the ability to work independently, prioritize goals, and follow through on tasks to completion. With experience this role will contribute significantly to the embedded system architecture, and continue to grow in knowledge to support new sensor and actor design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of embedded systems including object oriented design, real-time systems, and hardware/software interfacing
- Implementation of low level interfaces and firmware drivers and execute system tests
- Participate in new product development and introduction (NPD) projects
- Estimate time requirements of designs and work to meet deadlines
- Work with external collaborators in terms of PCB design and sensor development
- Identify, evaluate, and solve embedded system issues in both prototype and series instruments
- Maintain documentation of all work carried out to preserve the intellectual property of the company
- Support firmware release
- Make technical design decisions
- Identify and promote product, procedure, and process improvements
- Identify external collaborators to drive innovation and accelerate time to market
- Review and approve engineering change orders
- Advises on embedded system architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of applicable design experience, or a Master degree with 3+ years of applicable design experience
- In addition, 5+ years of experience in product design for measuring instruments is preferred
- Extensive experience developing firmware and software for microcontrollers, digital signal processors and embedded operating systems
- Proficient in C/C++ language for embedded system development
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals including driver design and support
- Experience with ARM Cortex 32 bit micro controllers
- Experience with C2000 Delfino 32 bit micro controllers for advanced closed loop motor control applications
- Knowledge of RTOS operating systems for microprocessors (freeRTOS)
- Knowledge of firmware developing tools
- Knowledgeable of different communications buses (CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, serial)
- Knowledge and experience with PID control algorithms implementation and optimization is desired
- Knowledge and experience with stepper and BLDC motor control is preferred
- Understanding of schematic drawings is required
- Proficient in MATLAB for analyzing test data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Product Design Engineer (limited contract)-RD 14076 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design,...
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about automation with specific knowledge of cloud-based services as well as on-premise infrastructure. This role will work with local...
Anforderungen Sie besitzen ein abgeschlossenes MINT-Studium oder vergleichbare Qualifikation / Berufsausbildung mit idealerweise 1-3 Jahren Berufserfahrung. Zusätzlich verfügen Sie über folgende...
Do you have a passion for technology and innovation? An agile mindset, continuous improvement and solid software craftsmanship are built into your DNA? We are looking for passionate web engineers...
Program Quality Leader (m/f)-QUA18753 Description New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution,...
Tool & Equipment Buyer-RD 14305 Description Our Interior System Product Group is looking for a Tools & Equipment Buyer (m/f) (limited contract) for its R&D Center at Hagenbach. The Tools &...
Product Design Engineer (limited contract)-RD 14076 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity...
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about automation with specific...
Anforderungen Sie besitzen ein abgeschlossenes MINT-Studium oder vergleichbare Qualifikation /...
Do you have a passion for technology and innovation? An agile mindset, continuous improvement...
Program Quality Leader (m/f)-QUA18753 Description New trends and expectations are reshaping the...
Tool & Equipment Buyer-RD 14305 Description Our Interior System Product Group is looking for a ...