Senior Embedded Software Engineer (m/w)
Job ID: 79862BR
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22 billion and over 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Our multi-disciplinary team is looking for a key member in the development of Rheometer and Viscometer for Material Characterization. Our work exists at the intersection of cutting-edge sensor and actor design, embedded firmware, digital communication, software instrument control and physics.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer within the Material Characterization Research and Development (R&D) group at Thermo Fisher Scientific will lead aspects of the design, test, and integration of firmware for embedded system control. The role involves collaboration with other firmware and software engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, project managers, throughout the product lifecycle.
This position will require the ability to work independently, prioritize goals, and follow through on tasks to completion. With experience this role will contribute significantly to the embedded system architecture, and continue to grow in knowledge to support new sensor and actor design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of embedded systems including object oriented design, real-time systems, and hardware/software interfacing
- Implementation of low level interfaces and firmware drivers and execute system tests
- Participate in new product development and introduction (NPD) projects
- Estimate time requirements of designs and work to meet deadlines
- Work with external collaborators in terms of PCB design and sensor development
- Identify, evaluate, and solve embedded system issues in both prototype and series instruments
- Maintain documentation of all work carried out to preserve the intellectual property of the company
- Support firmware release
- Make technical design decisions
- Identify and promote product, procedure, and process improvements
- Identify external collaborators to drive innovation and accelerate time to market
- Review and approve engineering change orders
- Advises on embedded system architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of applicable design experience, or a Master degree with 3+ years of applicable design experience
- In addition, 5+ years of experience in product design for measuring instruments is preferred
- Extensive experience developing firmware and software for microcontrollers, digital signal processors and embedded operating systems
- Proficient in C/C++ language for embedded system development
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals including driver design and support
- Experience with ARM Cortex 32 bit micro controllers
- Experience with C2000 Delfino 32 bit micro controllers for advanced closed loop motor control applications
- Knowledge of RTOS operating systems for microprocessors (freeRTOS)
- Knowledge of firmware developing tools
- Knowledgeable of different communications buses (CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, serial)
- Knowledge and experience with PID control algorithms implementation and optimization is desired
- Knowledge and experience with stepper and BLDC motor control is preferred
- Understanding of schematic drawings is required
- Proficient in MATLAB for analyzing test data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Tasks : Profound expertise in the design and specification of optical components for AR-HUDs including aspheric/flat mirrors, anti-reflective/hard coatings, polarized components, Picture...
We are looking for an intern who would like to complete an internship semester as part of his studies at a university in the Department Live Game Design. This role resides within the Games...
Sie besitzen ein Studium der Informatik, einer vergleichbaren Fachrichtung oder eine vergleichbare Berufsausbildung mit idealerweise 3 Jahren Berufserfahrung. Zusätzlich verfügen Sie über folgende...
Requisition Id : 110969 Additional Work Location(s) : Aufgaben: Sicherstellung der vollständigen Transparenz aktueller und zukünftiger Wirtschaftlichkeit der Business Unit Erster...
Our customer success team is growing! We are seeking a motivated individual with a customer success or professional services background. You are passionate about helping customers gain maximum...
We're looking for "Doers". Online games are your passion and you want to contribute to the success of our games? Can you keep cool even in the toughest of situations? Are you a team player, have a...
Tasks : Profound expertise in the design and specification of optical components for AR-HUDs...
We are looking for an intern who would like to complete an internship semester as part of his...
Sie besitzen ein Studium der Informatik, einer vergleichbaren Fachrichtung oder eine...
Requisition Id : 110969 Additional Work Location(s) : Aufgaben: Sicherstellung der...
Our customer success team is growing! We are seeking a motivated individual with a customer...
We're looking for "Doers". Online games are your passion and you want to contribute to the...