In their Declaration from July 7 and 8, 2017 the G20 Leaders “call for a new international R&D Collaboration Hub to maximize the impact of existing and new antimicrobial basic and clinical research initiatives as well as product development”. This Global AMR R&D Hub shall promote high-level coordination and alignment of the existing public and private funding and leverage further investments for AMR R&D initiatives on a national and/or international level. The Global AMR R&D Hub shall become a central platform to provide guidance for governments and non-governmental funders on R&D funding priorities in the field. The scope of the Global AMR R&D Hub is embedded in a comprehensive One Health Approach, comprising human and animal health as well as environmental aspects. Initially, the activities of the Global AMR R&D Hub shall focus on enabling the development of urgently needed products for the prevention, treatment and diagnosis of bacterial infections in humans.
For the implementation of the Global AMR R&D Hub a secretariat with up to five employees (including the position announced below) will be established within the German Center for Infection Research (DZIF) in Berlin, Germany. We are currently searching for one
Secretariat Lead (Senior Level) (m/f)
Starting date: March 1st 2018
The Secretariat Lead will build up and manage the Global AMR R&D Hub under the guidance of the Board of Members. He or she will work closely with the Board of Members and be accountable to the Board of Members, thus keeping it informed about all the activities of the secretariat. The Secretariat Lead will ensure the implementation of all tasks given to the secretariat, assuming also human resource responsibilities for the staff of the secretariat.
The secretariat will support the Board of Members on all issues related to the Global AMR R&D Hub, in particular:
- Development of a comprehensive work plan for the Global AMR R&D Hub and its efficient implementation and evaluation;
- Gathering, consolidation and management of data needed for the work of the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- Planning, preparation and follow-up of up to two meetings per year of the Global AMR R&D Hub;
- Organization and implementation of expert panels and panel meetings when requested by the Board of Members;
- Effective communication between the Board of Members, the expert panels and the secretariat;
- Promote understanding, awareness, and use of the Global AMR R&D Hub outputs and work among members and other stakeholders.
The Secretariat Lead shall also
- Internationally represent the Global AMR R&D Hub at relevant meetings;
- Communicate the activities of the Global AMR R&D Hub at different levels, i.e. to the higher political level, to potential members, to the public;
- Manage the Global AMR R&D Hub resources to ensure the achievement of its objectives.
Qualification and Experience
- Background in a biological/pharmaceutical/medical field of science or in public health or in science management, preferentially with experience in the field of AMR;
- A minimum of three years Senior Management experience relating to R&D;
- Experience with government organisations and multilateral initiatives;
- Leading and mentoring to generate proactive thinking;
- Ability to liaise with, consult effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups and different cultures;
- Diplomatic skills;
- Perfect command of spoken and written English required, additional good command of German an asset.
The position will be located in Berlin, Germany. The duration of the contract will initially be limited for three years, with an annual gross salary level matching the German public tariff scheme (TVöD/Bund E15), ranging from 55.200-81.650 €, depending on the qualification and experience of the candidate. In addition to the salary, the contract includes health care and social security benefits.
Application documents should comprise a letter of motivation including a description of relevant experience, CV and relevant references and certificates.
Please send your complete documents preferably as a single PDF document by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference number 01/2018. Closing date is February 8th 2018.
DZIF is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
If you have any queries, please contact Dr. Timo Jaeger (Tel.: +49-531-6181-2011, email@example.com ).
Level of Education Master / MBA Areas of study Sales Professional experiences 3 to 5 years Languages essential German (Fluent) English (Fluent) Optional languages French (Fluent) Für die weitere...
Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by...
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 350 of 1000 Qualified Person, Director European Distribution Center Company: PAREXEL Location: Berlin, Land...
Role Consultant Auto req ID 28555BR Domain Automotive Manufacturing Skillset SAP , MM SAP , SD Country Germany State / Region / Province Baden-Wurttemberg Bavaria Berlin Hessen Work Location...
Senior Specialist Global HR Project Controlling-TGHR-DEBQ01567246 Description Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one...
Level of Education Master / MBA Areas of study Sales Professional experiences 3 to 5...
Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions...
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 350 of...
Role Consultant Auto req ID 28555BR Domain Automotive Manufacturing Skillset SAP , MM SAP ,...
Senior Specialist Global HR Project Controlling-TGHR-DEBQ01567246 Description Bombardier...