The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) is the national institute which prepares expert reports and opinions on questions concerning the safety of food, feed and chemicals, as well as consumer health protection, on the basis of internationally recognised scientific evaluation criteria. It advises the Federal Government and other institutions and interest groups in these areas. The BfR conducts its own research on topics that are closely linked to its assessment tasks. It is an institution with legal capacity within the portfolio of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL).
A centre for One Health and land utilisationrelated assessment processes is being set up in the Safety in the Food Chain department at the BfR. The following temporary position is to be filled at this centre with immediate effect for a period of 3 years:
Scientific Coordinator (Postdoc)
- Salary group 14 TVöD -
Reference number: 2071/2018
Part-time work is possible.
The limited employment period is based on the German Fixed-Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz).
Employment is within the scope of the promotion programme for young scientists at the BfR for a period of 3 years with the option of extending for a further 2 years.
- Coordination of One Health research and land utilisation-related assessment processes
- Initiation of research projects on game and special animal populations, such as companion animals or wild animal populations which are spreading increasingly in areas of human settlement
- Independent planning and conducting of field studies on topics such as contaminants in game, selected bacteriological, virological and parasitic pathogens in game animals and the application of plant protection products in the scope of the work of the research group
- Compilation of scientific results for presentations, posters and project reports
- Publication of research results
- Application for national and international research projects, acquisition of third party funding
- Supervision of interns, undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates
- Scientific networking in national and international projects
- Scientific collaboration in interdepartmental BfR work groups and committees
- University degree (master’s diploma or comparable university degree) with doctorate in Veterinary Medicine, Biology or comparable subject
- Profound knowledge of the diagnostics and epidemiology of infection pathogens and professional experience in the field of microbiology, parasitology and virology preferred
- Knowledge in the field of contaminants in the food chain of advantage
- Knowledge in the field of antimicrobial resistance of advantage
- Proven publication activities and experience in the acquisition of third party funding
- Good computer literacy as well as a conscientious work approach, flexibility, ability to work in a team and the ability to cope with pressure are prerequisites
The place of work is Berlin.
More detailed information is available from Dr. Lahrssen-Wiederholt (Tel.: 030-18412-2362), Prof. Dr. Nöckler (Tel. 030-18412-2153) and Dr. Niels Bandick (Tel. 030-18412-2101).
The BfR welcomes applications from people of all nationalities. The BfR is an innovative scientific institute offering family-friendly working conditions for which it was awarded the “audit berufundfamilie®” (work and family) certificate. The BfR guarantees equal career opportunities for women and men, and is therefore particularly interested in receiving applications from women. In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration and are only required to have a minimum level of physical suitability.
Does this appeal to you?
Then please submit your application via our online system by 25 September 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send any applications to this e-mail address. If you are unable to submit your application online, you have the option of sending it by standard mail, stating the relevant reference number (Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Personalreferat - 11.17 -, Max-Dohrn-Str. 8-10, 10589 Berlin, Germany).
At Wooga, data is a key driver in making strategic decisions in Live Games. As Game Data Analyst you will analyze large-scale data across customer touch points in order to generate insightful...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is...
EWIS Planning and Analysis (m/w)-TROQ-DEHE01803862 Description Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers...
The Executive Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and logistics support. Open Society Initiative for Europe Open Society Foundations is a global network of foundations committed to...
At Amazon, our mission is simple - to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to help us deliver on that...
Cashier - Berlin Role Mission Responsible for handling sales transactions of all types of payment methods and providing accurate day-end reports. Maintaining accurate records of petty cash in/out,...
At Wooga, data is a key driver in making strategic decisions in Live Games. As Game Data Analyst...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving...
EWIS Planning and Analysis (m/w)-TROQ-DEHE01803862 Description Bombardier Transportation, a...
The Executive Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and logistics support. Open...
At Amazon, our mission is simple - to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's...
Cashier - Berlin Role Mission Responsible for handling sales transactions of all types of...