Product Safety Engineer (m/f)-TPEL-DEMA01478231
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Product Safety Engineer (M/F) in Mannheim, Germany.
Purpose of the job:
• Set up the project safety program. Coordinate and perform all tasks and activities of the safety process in the project to ensure that the product meets the requirements from laws, standards and customer.
• Prepare and coordinate the tasks of the safety process for the project, including Hazard and risk analysis, Hazard Log management, FME(C)A, FTA
• Specify safety requirements for safety related functions
• Coordinate / ensure the implementation of safety requirements and project progress. Ensure governance change management according with in-place legal and contractual obligations
• Coordinate the safety activities of subsystems suppliers and review the project specific safety documentation from subsystems suppliers.
• Preparation of the product safety case according EN5012x standards. Support Authorization management: ensure proper safety documentation in due time and quality to get all the required approvals and certifications to put the product into service
• Support the preparation of new processes and tools as well as their implementation in the projects
• Technical lead of a project safety team
• Responsible for Safety process and deliverables in the project: lead design safety reviews internally and with external entities (Assessors, suppliers, customers); set up and maintenance of Hazard Log, lead FMECA/FT sessions, support V&V tasks, prepare safety case
• Lead project core team in dealing with safety topics: safety evidemce strategy
• Perform hazards analysis and risk assessment, derive and address product safety requirements, ensure the implementation and fulfilment of safety requirements according applicable rules and standards, support design team in developing design for safety
• Plan, schedule and monitor the status of the safety milestones within the project to ensure proper schedule in cooperation with PE/PM, ensure safety deliverables on time and on quality
• Drive the eng. team in the decision making and problem solving in its proper domain of expertize
• Master degree in Engineering, electronics, electrics, automation or similar
• Experience with the most common tools for requirements management (Doors) and Fault Tree analysis (FT+, RWB) and good experience with MS Office
• Safety experience in product safety domain of at least 3 years, preferred within Railway business
• Customer orientation, engagement, team working, results oriented and skills in problems solving
• Good presentation and communication skills especially to simplify complex issues
• Good skills for working with customers, suppliers and BT internal teams as well as intercultural skills
• Deep experience with the standards EN50126, EN 50128, EN50129, European legal framework in railway domain (e.g. TSIs), and CSM regulation is mandatory
• Experience in the safety area in the railway business, vehicle authorization requirements and APIS process (e.g. homologation requirements in Germany / Europe and the NNTR checklists of homologation requirements
• Fluent in English and willing to learn German
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description?
If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English or German.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: http://www.careers.bombardier.com/
Your ideas move people.
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: DE-BW-Mannheim
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.09.2017, 6:28:50 AM
Job Segment: Safety Engineer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Social Media, Sustainability, Engineering, Marketing, Energy
Date: Aug 24, 2018 Location:Worms, RP, DE, 67547 Company: W. R. Grace & Co. Job Description Support of all departments concerning occupational health and safety, prevention of accidents and all...
Job Description Ensure the conservation and operational readiness of production/supply plants and buildings through inspections and periodic maintenance. Initiation of repair measures in...
Arbeitnehmerüberlassung - Referent Entwicklungsingenieur (m/w) Apply now » Date: Sep 11, 2018 Location: Mannheim, BW, DE, 68163 Company: John Deere Die John Deere GmbH. & Co. KG sucht zum...
This position is located in Mannheim Germany. As an essential member of the U.S. Army's weapons maintenance team, the Fire Control Engineer is responsible for maintaining the fire control systems...
This position is located in Mannheim Germany. Serves as the principle executive and resource manager covering Army Preposition Stocks 2 Europe program-related activities that services Army...
Postdoc position on CRISPR / Cas9 functional screens : Heidelberg, Germany, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)., 26 TageTweet Facebook LinkedIn Google+ The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With approximately 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific...
Date: Aug 24, 2018 Location:Worms, RP, DE, 67547 Company: W. R. Grace & Co. Job...
Job Description Ensure the conservation and operational readiness of production/supply plants...
Arbeitnehmerüberlassung - Referent Entwicklungsingenieur (m/w) Apply now » Date: Sep 11,...
This position is located in Mannheim Germany. As an essential member of the U.S. Army's weapons...
This position is located in Mannheim Germany. Serves as the principle executive and resource...
Postdoc position on CRISPR / Cas9 functional screens : Heidelberg, Germany, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)., 26 TageTweet Facebook LinkedIn Google+ The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical...