Locations: Düsseldorf (Germany), but also other locations possible
Are you a passionate, creative and independent product strategist and not afraid of state-of-the-art technologies? Do you easily communicate with business partners, customers and R&D? Are you familiar with IoT use cases? Do you want to be part of an international product management team driving innovation, customer experience and market share? Then this position at Software AG might be a career opportunity for you!
ABOUT THE JOB
The product manager will be responsible for the product strategy, value proposition and roadmap of the Cumulocity IoT Edge and Cumulocity SDKs (Device SDK, Microservice SDK and WebSDK). The role will complement our product management team for IoT and will need to work closely with various other product managers and product marketers to shape and drive Software AG’s wider IoT portfolio, called Cumulocity IoT. As the Cumulocity IoT Platform represents the nucleus of Cumulocity IoT, we are looking for an experienced product manager. A strong collaboration with our Cumulocity teams in Dusseldorf and India is key to success.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The product manager will have to contribute to the further development of our IoT vision, strategy and go-to-market, being part of a larger IoT Product Management & Marketing Team.
The role will have to:
- Understand and articulate our IoT strategy and its impact on the Cumulocity IoT portfolio
- Analyze IoT use cases, business models, customer pain points and requirements
- Contribute to translating market and customer requirements into a prioritized roadmap
- Identify and define technical features and coordinate their implementation with R&D teams
- Carry out IoT market research and competitor intelligence
- Promote Cumulocity IoT with focus on Edge and SDKs towards customers, partners, analysts and developers
- Develop and maintain product material, value propositions, and pricing models
- Create and share technical, product-related content with internal stakeholders such as product marketing and field teams
- Provide technology analysis with a high-level of accuracy in an appropriate format for the target audience, with a self-driven work attitude sticking to given timelines
- Evaluate propositions or hypotheses and make judgements on the basis of well-supported evidence
- Establish new relationships and technology networks with external companies, suppliers, partners, developer communities etc.
The position will report to the Senior Vice President of Product Management and Marketing for IoT.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Academic Degree
- Master degree in computer science, natural sciences, engineering or a related area
- Professional Experience
- Professional work experience in Product Management a plus
- Special Knowledge
- Product Management (required)
- Know-how in the IoT or Cloud Area (desirable)
- Innovation Management and Design Thinking (desirable)
- Industrie 4.0 + Industrial Engineering (desirable)
- Knowhow on edge gateways, Industry PCs, edge platforms (desirable)
- Product Marketing (desirable)
- IT Skills
- Cloud technologies and platforms (SaaS, PaaS), trends and business models (required)
- Agile software development (required)
- Product development and lifecycle management (required)
- Data Management and Analytics (desirable)
- English mandatory + German desirable
- Team work, in a widely distributed multi-cultural team
- Very good technical skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Very good communication- (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Blend of business and technical savviness
- Good networking skills, creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities rapidly and work under pressure
This position will require travel in Europe, the US and occasionally Asia.
Please submit your detailed application by using our online procedure including a possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Your application should include a motivation letter, a CV and your references.
Tanja Topal, Manager HR Recruiting & Onboarding, Phone: +49 (0) 681 210-3105
Your Profile 3 years+ Experience in Key Account Management and Solutions Sales Demonstrated understanding of important financial concepts, the IT&T environments, purchasing practices and industry...
Revionics, the leading provider of SaaS-based pricing, promotion, and markdown solutions, is seeking a Price Strategist to help our clients use the Revionics product suite. You will work with a...
Product Manager (m/f)-01UIB Description We are seeking for a Product Manager (m/f) for our Climate Team in Monheim, Germany. Your responsibilities: Inform your product's vision and strategy though...
Senior Product Manager (m/f)-01UI9 Description We are seeking for a Senior Product Manager (m/f) for our Climate Team in Monheim, Germany. Your responsibilities: Join a motivated and driven...
Marketing Campaign and Sales Enablement Manager (m/f) - WD30055513291 What you will do: The Campaign Manager handles project management for larger, multi-channel campaigns throughout Continental...
Job ID: JR0084018 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Duisburg, DE Other Locations: Germany, Munich Job Type: College Grad RF System Engineer (m/f) Job Description In this position you...
Your Profile 3 years+ Experience in Key Account Management and Solutions Sales Demonstrated...
Revionics, the leading provider of SaaS-based pricing, promotion, and markdown solutions, is...
Product Manager (m/f)-01UIB Description We are seeking for a Product Manager (m/f) for our...
Senior Product Manager (m/f)-01UI9 Description We are seeking for a Senior Product Manager (m/f)...
Marketing Campaign and Sales Enablement Manager (m/f) - WD30055513291 What you will do: The...
Job ID: JR0084018 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Duisburg, DE Other Locations:...