SMART PEOPLE WANTED!
The research project ZIK plasmatis (group: plasma & liquids) at the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Research and Technology (INP Greifswald) focuses on biochemical and cellular redox processes in cancer and wound biology. Specifically, we want to understand the translation of redox signals from the outside into the inside of mammalian cells or tissues. Biochemical models and accompanying in vitro/in vivo models will route the project's progress towards modulating the biochemistry of short-lived reactive species.
The INP Greifswald is the biggest non-university institution in the field of low-temperature plasmas throughout Europe and ranks among the most modern institutions in this field worldwide. We are engaged in research and development FROM IDEA TO PROTOTYPE. In an international working environment, we deal with socially relevant challenges in the fields of Materials & Energy as well as Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 employees at three locations in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
We are seeking to hire for the location in Greifswald as soon as possible a motivated
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
The position is initially granted for 2 years / Weekly working time 40 hours / TV-L Ost maximum wage group 14 (if personal and tariff requirements are fulfilled)
Cold physical plasmas are known to interfere with cellular redox signaling processes and such found entrance into clinical application. The underlying physicochemical fundamentals are not fully understood, a task to which the group you would join is dedicated. Lipids, especially in self-organized systems, are an excellent tool to study plasma derived reactive species. Such, the task of the jobholder is to implement experimental strategies to investigate the chemical and physical properties of lipids under the impact of plasma sources and ultimately connect the results to biological model systems. Close collaboration with research groups within the INP and the University of Greifswald ensure a stimulating and informative project.
- Ph.D. degree in biophysics, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or similar
- Experience in technical analytics, e.g. mass spectrometry, optical techniques, electrochemistry, QCM/E, EPR/NMR
- Experience in reactive species/radical generation and detection desired, ideally in in conjunction with lipids
- Teamwork competency and vivid inter-personal communication skills
- Technical savvy and comfort with computers, scientific software and technology-based life science research is essential.
- Payment and social services according to the collective wage agreement for Federal States (TVL-Ost)
- Modern lab infrastructure and excellent research tools
- Accessible collaboration partners on most continents
- Interdisciplinary research – scientists from biology, pharmacy, chemistry, physics under one roof
- Internal trainings (e.g. project management, scientific writing)
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of working from a home office
- A work environment certified as family-friendly
For further information, you are welcome to contact Dr. Kristian Wende (Tel.: 03834-554 3923; e-mail: email@example.com ).
We promote equal participation of men and women. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications are given priority.
The INP cannot reimburse application expenses.
Please send us your application including your CV, a list of publications and a description of your research interest and experience – preferably by using our online application form – by indicating the reference number “0261 – PostDoc Lipids/Self-organized systems” until May, 31st 2018. Please address inquiries to the INP Greifswald, Human Resources Department, Mrs. Gabriele Lembke, Felix-Hausdorff-Str. 2, 17489 Greifswald, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Level of Education Others Areas of study Food and beverage Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential German Optional languages English Under the responsibility of the sous-chef or...
Nah dran, mittendrin und einfach sympathisch: Das ist PENNY. Fest verankert in der Nachbarschaft und gleichzeitig immer in Bewegung, um die Welt des Handels zu gestalten. Wir suchen Menschen mit...
Level of Education Others Areas of study Food and beverage Professional experiences 1 to 2...
Nah dran, mittendrin und einfach sympathisch: Das ist PENNY. Fest verankert in der Nachbarschaft...