Postdoctoral Associate (postdoc) - Materials Science of Soft Matter: Tough hydrogels, materials for soft machines, or biomacromolecule origami : Jena, Germany
Keywords: Postdoctoral associate, postdocs, materials science, soft matter, hydrogels, soft machines biomacromolecule origami, polymers, teaching, physics, chemistry
Job advertisement Reg. 129/2018
Effective 01.08.2018, the position of postdoctoral associate (postdoc) at the Otto Schott Institute for Materials Research, Chair of Materials Science of the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy at Friedrich Schiller University Jena (40 hours / Week) with emphasis on
Materials Science of Soft Matter: Tough hydrogels, materials for soft machines, or biomacromolecule origami
is to be filled.
• Completed degree (MSc / diploma) and PhD in materials science or polymer physics or physical / organic chemistry
• No more than two years of post-doctoral experience
• Research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- polymer materials science & engineering
- polymer physics
- physical chemistry with a focus on materials
• Research experience in the field of materials synthesis (polymers, hydrogels or protein-based materials) and materials characterization
• Very good command of the English language, oral and written. German language skills are an advantage.
• Experience in conducting seminars, laboratory classes and teaching skills
• Synthesis, device generation, characterization and understanding (structure-property relationships) of tough hydrogels and / or materials for soft machines and / or biomacromolecule origami
• Development of new, groundbreaking materials concepts
• Investigation of the interaction of light and fields with the above materials
• Conducting courses (seminars, laboratories etc.)
• Participation in the preparation of grant applications and project management
• In addition, the candidate is expected to develop his/her academic qualification
• Opportunity for further qualification (e.g. habilitation)
• Scientific and soft-skill training
• Use of state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure
• Pleasant working atmosphere in an interdisciplinary and international research team
• Collaboration and training opportunities with other groups and institutes (excellence graduate schools and collaborative research centers)
• City with a high quality of life and stunning nature surroundings
The position is initially limited to 24 months, an extension is possible. This is a full time position. The remuneration is based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Länder (TV-L) in accordance with the personal requirements up to the remuneration group E13.
Severely handicapped people are given preference given equal qualifications.
Applications quoting Reg. 129 / 2018 with complete application documents (motivation statement, curriculum vitae, publication list, summary of research experience, availability date and the names of three referees) are to be sent electronically summarized in a pdf-document until 30.06.2018 to:
Prof. Dr. Klaus D. Jandt
Chair of Materials Science
Otto Schott Institute for Materials Research
Friedrich Schiller University
If the return of application documents received by post is required, a sufficiently franked return envelope must be enclosed.
Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential German English Ziele "• Nimmt Reservierung von Gästen entgegen •...
Engel & Völkers ist seit über 40 Jahren und mittlerweile weltweit als Dienstleistungsunternehmen in der Immobilienbranche erfolgreich. Im Zuge unseres Wachstums suchen wir im Auftrag einer unserer...
Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to...
Engel & Völkers ist seit über 40 Jahren und mittlerweile weltweit als Dienstleistungsunternehmen...