University of Cologne
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Postdoc in Computational Biology
Cellular Networks / CECAD
With approximately 50,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
The research group Cellular Networks and Systems Biology of Andreas Beyer invites applications for a Postdoc in computational biology. The offered position is part of a collaborative project with Martin Leeb (Max F. Perutz Laboratories, Vienna).
· Analyse functional genomics screens (CRISPR-Cas 9, transposon screens) and molecular profiling data in mouse embryonic stem cells
· Develop methods for the computational integration of functional data with large-scale RNA-sequencing data
· Develop methods for the network-based interpretation of high-throughput molecular data
· A PhD in quantitative sciences (e.g. computational biology, physics, computer science, mathematics)
· Fascination for understanding biological problems
· Your scientific background and expertise should be documented through peer-reviewed publications
· Excellent English skills (written & spoken)
WE OFFER YOU
· an international, competitive research environment
· a diverse and fair working environment
· support in reconciling work and family life
· flexible working time models
· extensive advanced training opportunities
· occupational health management offers
· local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from July 2018 on a full-time basis. It is limited to June 2021. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. Women are expressly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We expressly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities or people of equivalent status. Severely disabled applicants of equal merit and qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by e-mail (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss1804-05 to Prof. Dr. Andreas Beyer (firstname.lastname@example.org ). The application deadline is 22 May 2018.
Next Ventures is currently looking for an SAP FSCM Consultant for a global operating client in Germany cologne. German language skills are not required for this role. The client needs a candidate...
Next Ventures is currently looking for an SAP IBP Consultant for a global operating client in the Frankfurt area. The role is English speaking only but German would be an added bonus. If...
Study Start Up Associate II Location: Cologne, Germany As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while you do it....
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the...
Senior Scientist (m/f)( Job Number: 1809307) Description In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 263 of 1000 Senior Specailist QA - Operations Company: EPM Scientific Location: Germany Reference:...
Next Ventures is currently looking for an SAP FSCM Consultant for a global operating client in...
Next Ventures is currently looking for an SAP IBP Consultant for a global operating client in...
Study Start Up Associate II Location: Cologne, Germany As a global provider of drug development...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through...
Senior Scientist (m/f)( Job Number: 1809307) Description In Research, Development & Quality...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 263 of...