Institute of Coastal Research
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
code no. 2018/KS 2
The place of employment is Geesthacht.
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. You can find more information at www.hzg.de .
The Institute of Coastal Research at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht hosts a number of highly motivated and experienced researchers in the broad field of coastal research. Our research focus lies on numerical modelling of coastal processes with specific expertise in modelling of atmospheric and marine biogeochemistry and interactions between different environmental compartments on regional and coastal scales. At Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht we develop numerical models with the aim to determine the past and current state of the environment and to identify the major drivers for future changes in the system. The working group for Matter Transport and Ecosystem Dynamics at the Department of System Analysis and Modelling invites applications for a postdoc (m/f) position. The position is limited to 36 months.
The objective of the position is to investigate the influence of changing environmental and climate conditions on regional arctic ecosystems and carbon chemistry. For this purpose hindcast and forecast simulations with the existing 3 dimensional ecosystem model (HYCOM-ECOSMO) shall be performed and analysed, thereby emphasizing the role of multidecadal cycles and applicability of decadal predictions. The model should further be enhanced and used to understand the role of higher trophic levels in the ecosystem. The work will partly be associated to the EU H2020 project SponGES, which has the overarching goal to develop an integrated ecosystem-based approach to preserve and sustainably use deep-sea sponge ecosystems of the North Atlantic.
- further development and validation of a 3d ecosystem in regional arctic ecosystems
- performance and analysis of hindcast model simulations
- performance and analysis of decadal predictions using decadal climate predictions from (NorCPM) Norwegian Climate Prediction Model
- work as an integrative part of a motivated multidisciplinary team within the institute and external academic partners
- write scientific publications in peer reviewed journals
- presentation of results at meetings and international conferences
- PhD in oceanography, geosciences, marine biology, environmental sciences or related disciplines
- thorough knowledge on marine ecosystem functioning
- expert knowledge in marine ecosystem modelling
- experience with analysing multivariate datasets
- knowledge in scientific programming with FORTRAN and related analysing programming languages (e.g. MATLAB, R, Python)
- very good knowledge of English (written and oral)
- good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team of various fields of geosciences
- multinational work environment with over 900 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is an equal opportunity employer and particularly strives to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2018/KS 2 including a short letter of motivation, CV together with a list of publications and copies of relevant certificates preferably by e-mail in one file not larger than 10 MB to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is February 28th, 2018.
Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Neurology – Perm – Field-based Hamburg area, Germany– Pharma/CRO partnership, SRG Clinical, etwa ein MonatJob Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 393 of 1000 Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Neurology – Perm – Field-based Hamburg area, Germany–...
Territory Sales Manager (m/f/d) - ( Job Number: 180007SJ) As a Territory Sales Manager you will be accountable for growing the entire Caterpillar Marine products and solutions portfolio by...
Intern Regulatory and Health & Wellness (f/m)-RES000826 Are you studying Nutrition or Food Science and are you keen to broaden your horizon and transfer your theoretical knowledge into action in...
Covance is searching for the Line and Project management support for one of our clients in Munich to be preferably office based. Responsibilities/duties: Responsible for the supervision of...
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity...
germany , Germany €60,000 - €65,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now TEAMLEITER PERFORMANCE MARKETING BERLIN bis zu 65.000 € + Benefits Als Teamleiter...
Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Neurology – Perm – Field-based Hamburg area, Germany– Pharma/CRO partnership, SRG Clinical, etwa ein MonatJob Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 393 of...
Territory Sales Manager (m/f/d) - ( Job Number: 180007SJ) As a Territory Sales Manager you will...
Intern Regulatory and Health & Wellness (f/m)-RES000826 Are you studying Nutrition or Food...
Covance is searching for the Line and Project management support for one of our clients in...
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing...
germany , Germany €60,000 - €65,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...