Institute of Biomaterial Science
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Postdoc (f/m) Celluar Engineering
code no. 2018/B 4
The place of employment is Berlin (BCRT).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de.
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on polymer-based biomaterials for (bio)medical applications. For our research project on the analysis of of novel nanocarriers for cell engineering we are looking to immediately fill the position of a Postdoc (f/m). This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
Your Tasks will include:
- establishing and analysing novel carrier system for the manipulation of stem and primary cells with a focus on nucleic acids delivery
- validation in cell culture systems of direct biomedical importance on the level of reporter gene as well as by directed differentiation (e. g. iPSC, multipotent cells, epithelial cells)
- tailoring of physical and chemical properties of the applied nanoparticle carriers to optimized their uptake and to reduce toxicity
- detailed documentation of results, work according to regulations of a quality management system
- contribute to scientific publications, presentations and patent applications
- successfully completed university degree in biology, biochemistry, or a related field with a Ph.D. in the topic area relevant to the task description
- a record of accomplishment of successful research and scientific publications in the above-mentioned research fields
- practical knowledge of current methods in cell and molecular biology
- familiarity with the design and implementation of complex experimental set-ups
- outstanding organizational skills and a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- fluent English
- experienced in handling of MS Office and specialized scientific software
For further information please contact Dr. Manfred Gossen: email@example.com
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the code no. 2018/B 4, preferably via email in one file not exceeding 8 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is March 8th,2018.
Description Our Mission: To connect and optimize the world’s commerce Software Support Technician – E-Commerce Berlin “It all starts with people.” Inside every company, behind every brand—while...
Sie sind ein Verkaufsprofi? Sie arbeiten gerne im Team? Sie bleiben in jeder Situation souverän? Ihre Aufgabe: Mit Ihnen sind unsere Kunden immer bestens beraten. In der Fachabteilung Braune Ware...
Department: Professional Services Location: Germany - Berlin Posted: January 10, 2019 MediaMath’s strength is in numbers. Our technology analyzes 200 billion customer opportunities daily– more...
Department: Professional Services Location: Germany - Berlin Posted: January 16, 2019 MediaMath’s strength is in numbers. Our technology analyzes 200 billion customer opportunities daily– more...
Job Description Summary We are Alexander Mann Solutions and we are passionate about helping companies and individuals fulfil their potential through talent acquisition and management. Today, over...
Auszubildener Elektroniker für Geräte und Systeme (m/w/d)-HAC006336 About Us Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for...
Description Our Mission: To connect and optimize the world’s commerce Software Support...
Sie sind ein Verkaufsprofi? Sie arbeiten gerne im Team? Sie bleiben in jeder Situation...
Department: Professional Services Location: Germany - Berlin Posted: January 10,...
Department: Professional Services Location: Germany - Berlin Posted: January 16,...
Job Description Summary We are Alexander Mann Solutions and we are passionate about helping...
Auszubildener Elektroniker für Geräte und Systeme (m/w/d)-HAC006336 About Us Hach is a world...