On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The Operations Engineer provides Tier 2 technical support within the Motorola Network Operations Control Center, verifying swift and accurate response to all alerts, ensuring the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate. This position supports 24/7 Network Operations, requiring the flexibility to work across all shifts as required.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- This position is for second shift, must be able to work 2 pm - 10:30 pm
• Primarily responsibility for the overall technical operation and maintenance of all main systems and subsystems.
• Ongoing high end technical, engineering and upgrade support for main systems and subsystems used on the Metropolitan Mobile Radio Astro Integrated Voice and Data Radio Network and Mobile Data Network High Performance Data Network including Central and Remote Sites, Microwave Distribution System, Console Dispatch System, Voice/Telephony Logging Systems, associated LAN/WANs, external interfaces and Network Management Systems.
• Act as a technical escalation point for Network Operations Control Centre (NOCC) staff or Field Engineers requiring technical assistance.
• Provide technical user support and customer service. Be present and visible in the NOCC and available to CSOs and CSTs and/or users requiring technical assistance.
• Be available for occasional after hours call out from the NOCC to assist in resolving urgent system problems.
• Respond to questions from callers; remotely assist users with equipment or system problems/issues.
• Learn in depth operations of in service equipment and systems.
• Follow standard Operational and Help Desk operating procedures; accurately log and update all Help Desk contacts using incident/call tracking software.
• Be familiar with NOCC policies, services, and staff.
• Enforce all NOC policies.
• Attend all Technical and Help Desk training sessions.
• Be familiar with available Technical and Help Desk resources; stay updated on in-service technology changes or problems.
• Escalate problems/issues as appropriate and when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by the Operations Engineering Manager or other applicable staff.
• Acts as a technical escalation point i.e. provides support to CSOs and CSTs.
• Acts in manager’s role as required.
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures to measure and track service performance/quality.
• Provides short and long term in depth analysis and investigation of problems.
• Manages resources for deployment (directs field or surveillance staff).
• Represents the group to Management and /or vendors (or other support groups as applicable) in the resolution of equip/network performance problems.
• Identify and develop work instructions, procedures and policies (surveillance, analysis and testing).
• Conducts network testing, integration and certification.
• Mentors less senior staff.
• Undertake special projects as required.
• Responsible for providing technical support and monitor day to day operations of Network Operation Center.
• Monitoring the Motorola Solutions Infrastructure using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise and ensure system uptime meet service level agreements.
• Responsible for logging and resolving any network incidents ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
• Escalating any Network incidents that cannot be resolved within specified time frames to the relevant team members and work with them until the incident is resolved.
• Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
• Take Technical Ownership of Major Incidents by – identifying, communicating, and utilizing appropriate resources to resolve the issue.
• Responsible for documenting and distribution of all Major Incident Review Reports in the agreed format.
• Ensure NOC operations meet support and performance metric requirements.
• Monitor all outages/issues through the return to normal services.
• Build strong and effective working relationships with Engineering and Management organizations.
• Respond to escalated customer incidents in a timely fashion and in compliance with NOCC standards.
• Acting as the first point of contact for any Network related problems between Motorola NOCC and its partner's.
• Develop good customer relationships through excellent customer service.
• Assisting in providing tier 1 customer support when call volumes are high.
• Comply with Motorola Quality and Security policies and practices.
• Maintain reasonable discipline and decorum.
• Be familiar with NOC policies and services.
• Responsible to update and maintain data integrity of various database systems used within the NOC.
• Keep up to date knowledge of all systems and application used to perform day to day task.
• Work closely with all other relevant teams to maximize all opportunities, make a significant contribution by supporting new process and new technology.
• Process focused; provides input to help improve/build processes.
• Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams both inside and outside of the business.
• Provide guidance and support for continual improvements.
• Ensuring all given tasks are performed based on ITIL process and procedures.
• Actively participate in all training provided.
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Operate in a 24 X 7 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work and weekends.
• Seeking prior Network Operating Center experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot Infrastructure.
• Implementation or support of sophisticated radio communications networks or systems.
• Experience with IT network design, planning and analysis or microwave distribution systems.
• Experience with administration configuration, fault finding and maintenance of networks, LAN, WAN, routers, switches, servers, workstations and applications.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008.
• Server maintenance skills - hardware and software.
• Experience with digital voice radio systems.
• In depth technical experience with Motorola Astro 25 Digital radio systems.
• Experience in a communications operations or network operations environment.
• Cisco and Juniper experience.
• Network security skills including intrusion detection devices firewalls and anti-virus.
- Must be able to work mid shift (10:00am - 7:00 pm)
- 3+ years of customer or technical support experience.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Was für den Urlaub gilt, gilt auch für die Arbeit: Auf ein gutes Klima kommt es an! Deshalb legen wir Wert auf einen lockeren und respektvollen Umgang, bei dem offene Kommunikation an erster...
Abteilungsleiter/in Fuhrpark für unsere Betriebsstätte in 31867 Lauenau Unser Unternehmen Wechseln Sie auf die Überholspur - zum Logistik-Dienstleister der EDEKA Minden-Hannover! Wir betreuen an 7...
Was für den Urlaub gilt, gilt auch für die Arbeit: Auf ein gutes Klima kommt es an! Deshalb...
Abteilungsleiter/in Fuhrpark für unsere Betriebsstätte in 31867 Lauenau Unser...