The Market Manager’s primary responsibility is to onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel and property products (i.e. relevant, attractive and competitive) for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base, within their assigned territory.
In doing so, you will also continuously work with Expedia Groups property partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
This role is the core on which the Market Management team is based. The team ensure that the Expedia Group brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia Group’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
What you'll do
Consistently using data specific to your market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, and demonstrating local market knowledge, Market Managers will:
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by providing relevant data insights and high-quality consulting services to hotel partners (revenue management advice, marketing opportunities)
- Build the portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective partners to Expedia’s marketplace and facilitate their onboarding process
- Ensure that partner hotels’ products (content, rates and availability) are consistently optimized on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure seasonal deals and promotions within the guidelines set by management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
- Continuously promote and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of:
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
- Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile)
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities
- Specialized brands (e.g. Egencia, Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities
- Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central)
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Provide coaching to colleagues (peers, Associate Market Managers, Market Associates) on standard methodologies
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience
- 20 – 30% of travel for market visits
- Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving critical targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership team
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data driven decision-making
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Ability to select and present insights, including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement significant action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English and German language skills
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
- Help other team members acquire skills or achieve targets/goals
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Brand Content Lead, Germany 19WD32459 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-Bavaria-Munich Brand Content Lead, Germany Location: Munich- Germany Job ID: 19WD32459 Position Overview The Autodesk...
Role Title: Cloud & Hosting Public Account Manager Location: Home Office, Germany At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive...
Director of Guest Experience-RIO000259 Description Place of Work: Guest Experience Division Working Language: Must Speak Portuguese Scope and General Purpose of Job: To ensure the smooth...
The full-time position will be based in Berlin, Germany, starting as soon as possible. The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation working to prevent political and social...
Engel & Völkers is one of the worlds leading service companies specialised in the brokerage of premium residential property, commercial real estate and yachts. As part of our expansion, on behalf...
Senior Solutions Consultant DE- Munich Germany Apply View All Jobs Share This Job Facebook Twitter Print Email AddThis About Tibco Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses...
Brand Content Lead, Germany 19WD32459 Europe, Middle East and...
Role Title: Cloud & Hosting Public Account Manager Location: Home Office, Germany At...
Director of Guest Experience-RIO000259 Description Place of Work: Guest Experience...
The full-time position will be based in Berlin, Germany, starting as soon as possible. The...
Engel & Völkers is one of the worlds leading service companies specialised in the brokerage of...
Senior Solutions Consultant DE- Munich Germany Apply View All Jobs Share This...