Job ID: JR0060445
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Munich, DE
Job Type: Experienced Hire
IT Senior System Engineer – R and D Infrastructure (m/f)
Goal of our department
HPC High Compute Computing is part of Intel's IT Infrastructure group and supports the global compute infrastructure for hardware- and software development mainly for Intel's Mobile and Wireline business groups. This includes the data centers, storage services, compute and build infrastructure.
Goal of the position
As a member of a global support team the Senior System Engineer will be a specialist in supporting Linux based compute infrastructure, directory-, name-, compute- and login-services. The main focus of the role is maintaining, monitoring and optimization of the compute infrastructure hosting the business development environment. This includes solving of 3rd level support tickets covering the area of RD engineering including compute servers based on SuSE and Ubuntu. The candidate will implement global standards, procedures, and other infrastructure necessary to support the global user community in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Integrates, installs, configures, tests, and supports compute environment systems
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to operational issues in a global compute farm environment
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet data center health goals, as well as emerging capacity and performance needs
- Operates, maintains, monitors, analyzes and improves the compute farms in different European development sites
- Adapts standardized administration methodologies based on Intel's cfEngine solution
- Represents local requirements to global, cross-functional, and cross-site teams. Interacts with end users, IT partners, system architects, and service and support teams worldwide
- Serves as site expert for the local compute environment compute and build servers
- Operates and configures workload management solutions for high performance computing based on Intel's inhouse solutions Netbatch and ION.
- Defines, implements and maintains customized compute farm monitoring reports to handle deviations and alerts.
- Handling of 3rd level IT tickets, eg enhanced trouble shooting
- Proactively drives continuous improvement efforts to meet data center health goals, as well as emerging capacity and performance needs
- Interacts with end users, IT partners, system architects, and service and support teams worldwide
- Position includes on-call support out of office hours
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in an IT service environment
- Proficient in Linux operating systems and their integration with directory services
- Familiarity with administration methodology concepts and frameworks
- Good knowledge of high performance computing and workload management solutions
- Good engineering skills in Linux SuSE, Ubuntu server administration familiarity with LDAP, scripting languages like Perl
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting frameworks
- Familiarity with administration methodology concepts and technologies eg. cfEngine
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
- A team player
- Patient and professional interaction with the end user
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good time management abilities and flexibility on multiple task assignments
- Proactive problem solving abilities
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to interact with peers from other regions
- Experience with configuration management systems Clearcase, GIT would be an added advantage
- Experience in a build environment compile, link, LINT, Gerrit would be an added advantage
- Experience in continuous integration methods Jenkins would be an added advantage
- Experience in database administration MySQL would be an added advantage
- Experience with Windows systems would be an added advantage
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software support products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products. The...
The opportunity: As a Service Manager you will be responsible for all Service Support and Service Delivery actions taken to ensure they meet our customer business and IT needs according to the...
Sr New Business Developer - (19000122) Description Join Us as We Make Possibilities Happen Every action we take as 1ACI redefines what’s possible. As Innovators, we Envision possibilities. As...
User Experience Designer 18WD30867 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All Regions-All Cities User Experience Designer Location: Hannover -Germany Job ID: 18WD30867 Position Overview The...
Position: Account Manager EMEA - Computing Job Description: This is a business to business sales and purchasing role, in a very dynamic and commercial working environment, where electronic...
Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant 18WD31159 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All Regions-All Cities Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant Location: Bonn -Germany Job ID: 18WD31159 Position...
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software support products...
The opportunity: As a Service Manager you will be responsible for all Service Support and...
Sr New Business Developer - (19000122) Description Join Us as We Make Possibilities Happen Every...
User Experience Designer 18WD30867 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All Regions-All...
Position: Account Manager EMEA - Computing Job Description: This is a business to business sales...
Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant 18WD31159 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All...