Job ID: JR0060439
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Munich, DE
Job Type: Experienced Hire
IT System Engineer – R and D Infrastructure (m/f)
Goal of our department
HPC High Compute Computing is part of Intel's IT Infrastructure group and supports the global compute infrastructure for hardware- and software development mainly for Intel's Mobile and Wireline business groups iCDG and CHD. This includes the data centers, storage servies, compute and build infrastructure.
Goal of the position
As a member of a global support team the System Engineer supports the operation of engineering compute farms, development platforms and the related monitoring. The main focus of the role is solving of 2nd and 3rd level support tickets covering the area of RD engineering including compute servers based on SuSE and Ubuntu. Other components are login- and name services managed with system administration tools like cfEngine or LDAP.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to operational issues in a global compute farm environment
- Handling of 2nd level IT tickets, eg account creation, access management, system configuration, review and assign to 3rd level support
- Handling of 3rd level IT tickets, eg enhanced trouble shooting
- System monitoring and handling of deviations and alerts
- Integrates, installs, configures, tests, and supports compute environment systems with focus on the Linux platforms SuSE and Ubuntu.
- Operation and configuration of other compute farm components eg:
VNC login servers
LDAP name service
Load sharing applications based on Intel's inhouse tools Netbatch and ION
- Proactively drives continuous improvement efforts to meet data center health goals, as well as emerging capacity and performance needs
- Interacts with end users, IT partners, system architects, and service and support teams worldwide
- Position includes on-call support out of office hours
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or several years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an IT service environment
- Proficient in Linux operating systems.
- Good engineering skills in Linux SuSE, Ubuntu server administration familiarity with LDAP, scripting languages like Perl
- Familiarity with administration methodology concepts and technologies eg. cfEngine
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
- Patient and professional interaction with the end user
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- A team player
- Good time management abilities and flexibility on multiple task assignments
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to interact with peers from other regions
- Experience with configuration management systems Clearcase, GIT would be an added advantage
- Experience in a build environment compile, link, LINT, Gerrit would be an added advantage
- Experience in continuous integration methods Jenkins would be an added advantage
- Experience in database administration MySQL would be an added advantage
- Experience with Windows systems would be an added advantage
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Job description Professional Services Consultant Job Objectives Understand capabilities of Micro Focus COBOL Development and Mainframe Solutions portfolio products, related technologies and...
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a...
· Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a...
22-May-2018 6191BR Information Technology Position Summary The IT Lead Network Security Engineer will: Participate in shaping operational capabilities and defining strategy for network security...
Are you passionate about guiding top notch companies in Germany through digital transformation processes? Do you want to help our customers to adopt agile operation models, build micro-service...
22-May-2018 6627BR Analytics Position Summary POSITION SUMMARY: The Platform Specialist will work in collaboration with the Analytics, Consulting and IT teams to develop, implement and support...
Job description Professional Services Consultant Job Objectives Understand capabilities of Micro...
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud...
· Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud...
22-May-2018 6191BR Information Technology Position Summary The IT Lead Network Security Engineer...
Are you passionate about guiding top notch companies in Germany through digital transformation...
22-May-2018 6627BR Analytics Position Summary POSITION SUMMARY: The Platform Specialist will...