Job ID: JR0060439
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Munich, DE
Job Type: Experienced Hire
IT System Engineer – R and D Infrastructure (m/f)
Goal of our department
HPC High Compute Computing is part of Intel's IT Infrastructure group and supports the global compute infrastructure for hardware- and software development mainly for Intel's Mobile and Wireline business groups. This includes the data centers, storage servies, compute and build infrastructure.
Goal of the position
As a member of a global support team the System Engineer supports the operation of engineering compute farms, development platforms and the related monitoring. The main focus of the role is solving of 2nd and 3rd level support tickets covering the area of RD engineering including compute servers based on SuSE and Ubuntu. Other components are login- and name services managed with system administration tools like cfEngine or LDAP.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to operational issues in a global compute farm environment
- Handling of 2nd level IT tickets, eg account creation, access management, system configuration, review and assign to 3rd level support
- Handling of 3rd level IT tickets, eg enhanced trouble shooting
- System monitoring and handling of deviations and alerts
- Integrates, installs, configures, tests, and supports compute environment systems with focus on the Linux platforms SuSE and Ubuntu.
- Operation and configuration of other compute farm components eg: VNC login servers, LDAP name service, Load sharing applications based on Intel's inhouse tools Netbatch and ION
- Proactively drives continuous improvement efforts to meet data center health goals, as well as emerging capacity and performance needs
- Interacts with end users, IT partners, system architects, and service and support teams worldwide
- Position includes on-call support out of office hours
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or several years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an IT service environment
- Proficient in Linux operating systems.
- Good engineering skills in Linux SuSE, Ubuntu server administration familiarity with LDAP, scripting languages like Perl
- Familiarity with administration methodology concepts and technologies eg. cfEngine
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
- Patient and professional interaction with the end user
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- A team player
- Good time management abilities and flexibility on multiple task assignments
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to interact with peers from other regions
- Experience with configuration management systems Clearcase, GIT would be an added advantage
- Experience in a build environment compile, link, LINT, Gerrit would be an added advantage
- Experience in continuous integration methods Jenkins would be an added advantage
- Experience in database administration MySQL would be an added advantage
- Experience with Windows systems would be an added advantage
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant 18WD31159 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All Regions-All Cities Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant Location: Germany Job ID: 18WD31159 Position...
We are looking for a Lead Sales – Materials (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM) based in Feldkirchen near Munich. As Lead Sales AM - Materials (m/f/d) you are responsible for growing the AM...
Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) - Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry (AM), Oerlikon, 5 TageWe are looking for a Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM) in the Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry based in Feldkirchen near Munich. As Vertical Lead...
Covance is searching for a Study Start Up Specialist I to be office based in Munich. Candidates from other European countries with fluent or good German language skills are also very...
Sr New Business Developer - (19000122) Description Join Us as We Make Possibilities Happen Every action we take as 1ACI redefines what’s possible. As Innovators, we Envision possibilities. As...
The opportunity: The global Talent Acquisition function at Open Text is made up of passionate professionals whose mission is to attract and hire the best talent in Enterprise Information...
Cloud/Forge Technical Consultant 18WD31159 Europe, Middle East and Africa-Germany-All...
We are looking for a Lead Sales – Materials (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM) based in...
Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) - Power Generation, Oil & Gas Industry (AM), Oerlikon, 5 TageWe are looking for a Vertical Lead Business Development (m/f/d) for Additive Manufacturing (AM)...
Covance is searching for a Study Start Up Specialist I to be office based in Munich. Candidates...
Sr New Business Developer - (19000122) Description Join Us as We Make Possibilities Happen Every...
The opportunity: The global Talent Acquisition function at Open Text is made up of passionate...