To align with ITIL, industry best practices, and our CIO’s vision to run IT as a Business, the Infrastructure organization is structured to reflect the Service Life-cycle functions; Plan, Design & Implement, Operate, and Improve (PDIOI).
Technology Managed Services Providers use the PDIOI model because it offers superior customer response and resolution times at very high quality levels.
This position will be part of the global Operations function which is foundational. Once infrastructure is designed and implemented, Operations monitors, manages, patches, maintains, and restores all storage, compute, and network elements. We perform ‘Run the Business’, performing break/fix when service incidents arise, as well as execute standard changes that require no new spend or downtime.
Operations partners with the Design & Implementation team to transition new services into production. Operations provides the checklist of required parameters and the D&I team will confirm they have been completed. Once vetted, Operations will authorize release and begin support. It is the responsibility of the Operations group to assure the up time, availability, maintenance, and restoration of all infrastructure services
Operations personnel will all also apply the concept of Continuous Improvement to evolve, and optimize all aspects of operations in an efficient manner. Process excellence is on the critical path to operational excellence, so the entire team will become process adherents and experts.
- Respond and resolve operations issues per OLA (Operational Level Agreements) and SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Continually define new ways to improve existing service offerings, tooling, and process
- Create knowledge documentation and work with Service Center and colleagues in continuous knowledge transfer
- Initiate, inherit, and close team tickets in our ITSM tool Service Now
- Stay informed of industry trends and technologies
- Drive the organization to become a best-practice continuous improvement team, with a common language based around ITIL and industry standards
- Establishing Runbooks, SOPs (Standard Operations Procedures), and MOPs (Management of Portfolio), that document and enhance IT functions
- Manage and collaborate with our network related partners and vendors
- Operating the network infrastructure services worldwide as part of the Global Communications team and in close cooperation with team members in other regions
- Function as second/third-level support engineer for regional and global customer requests
- Collaboration with colleagues in all BCG regions to ensure consistent infrastructure services delivery and availability around the world
- Maintenance, monitoring, and support of the global network infrastructure services on a daily basis: local area network, wireless LAN, Internet connectivity, with DMVPN mesh, WAN connectivity with MPLS, SSL and L2L VPN remote-access services support, F5 load balancing, Geo-DNS and VPN, DNS infrastructure.
Basic Job Requirements
Education or Certifications
- BS degree in computer science or related field is a plus
- At least three years of experience in network support and administration preferred, but will also consider candidates demonstrating sufficient level of knowledge and experienc
- CCNA/CCNP (routing & switching) is required
Functional /Technical Skills
- Broad IT background with proven experience in communications (telecomm & networks) technology operations discipline
- Ability to diagnose and remedy incidents in discipline
- Infrastructure experience and knowledge of related technologies, products and services
- Process frameworks, design, application, and adherence
- Understanding of how non-IT business processes work
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to work cross-functionally in an international company
- Advanced ability to communicate with non-technical executives
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws. In addition, as a federal government contractor, BCG maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations.BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems...
Job ID: JR0081126 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: College Grad Cellular RF Systems Engineer (f/m) Job Description Designs and develops electronic...
Req ID: 27619 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of storage technologies spanning block, file and object architectures and a deep passion for working with customers to help deliver mission critical data...
Covance global contract research organization is a leading provider of functional services clinical services and solutions in a variety of therapeutic areas with engagement models for...
Job ID: JR0083868 Job Category: Marketing Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: Experienced Hire Director Marketing Germany (f/m) Job Description The role of the Country...
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on...
Job ID: JR0081126 Job Category: Engineering Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job...
Req ID: 27619 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of storage technologies spanning block, file and...
Covance global contract research organization is a leading provider of functional services...
Job ID: JR0083868 Job Category: Marketing Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job...