If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Purpose of the role
Define and execute the business development and retention strategy for Airlines based in Southern Europe. Identify and prioritise business opportunities. Establish and nurture strategic partnerships both within Amadeus and the customer's organisation. Advocate the customer within Amadeus as well as represent Amadeus within customer organisation. Lead a team of Account Managers and other customer facing roles. Represent the needs of the region with Amadeus global stakeholders.
Vision & Strategy
- Define and communicate the regional strategy and vision to Extended Account Teams, Top Management and the Account Management community
- Ensure the vision and objectives alignment with the Business Units, R&D, and corporate functions
- Lead elaboration and communication of Account Development Plans
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships to ensure regional customers satisfaction & retention
- Direct management of 1 of the key accounts in the region
- Advocate and customer voice into Amadeus to ensure the best service to customer
- Oversee quality of product delivery and service delivery to customers
Business Development & Budgeting
- Establish a strategic partnership/cooperation with key customers
- Be accountable for customer P&L, region budget (IT, Distribution & NBU), and sales pipeline
- Manage commercial & business development pipeline, and ensure CRM accuracy
- Provide guidance to sales, legal and solutions organizations to adapt Amadeus approach to customer and maximize success
- Represent Amadeus' interests within the customer organisation
- Oversee cross-functional groups in the delivery of products and services
- Propose cross-departmental initiatives & influence other Amadeus stakeholders
- Manage Extended Account Teams to facilitate internal alignment with customer requirements and expectations
Team mangement & talent development
- Hire, manage and motivate team members
- Lead, support, and promote talent development
- Set objectives and monitor performance of customer facing teams
- Foster and actively maintain a culture of knowledge sharing within the Amadeus commercial organisation
- Promote regional sales and marketing experience and best practices within the Amadeus commercial commnity
- Actively promote team's sharing of account information within the extended Account Management team and with other stakeholders
- 12-15 years experience in the travel distribution, IT, or airline industry. Minimum of 8 years in a customer facing environment (such as project management, sales, customer support or business development) with management responsibility in terms of staff and business ownership in the multi-million euros range.
- Masters level degree. MBA would be an asset.
- Excellent understanding of the economics of the distribution & IT businesses and experience in e-commerce direct sales or IT sales highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the organisation and to work in a politically complex and matrix environment.
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop people.
- Excellent and proven sales skills
- Very good financial and analytical understanding
- Good knowledge of the Amadeus Products, Solutions & Services
- Demonstrated customer orientation and business development expertise
- Excellent Negotiation and presentation skills
- Influence and conflict management
- English: Fluency in speaking and writing required
- Customers’ regional languages a plus
This position is based in Bad Homburg, Germany.
We are looking forward to your application!
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
What you’ll be doing... You will help our most important customers move their business forward. As a trusted advisor, you’ll create value for us and our customers by solving their business...
Teamlead Application Germany, Switzerland, Israel (m/f/div.) Teamlead Application Flavours – Your future position? As Application Manager, based in Dortmund, you will lead the Flavour Application...
Role Project Manager Auto req ID 32260BR Skillset HP3000 technologies , HP Service Desk Country Germany State / Region / Province Nordrhein-Westfalen Work Location Essen Company ITL...
HR Manager HR Manager - Your future position? As a member of our local HR team in Dortmund you will act as a trusted partner for business leaders in any human resource related matters. You will...
Job Description When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing...
Head Quality Germany (m/f/div.) Your next Position? In this exiting role you plan, organize and oversee the implementation of Quality and Food Safety programs and provide assistance for the daily...
What you’ll be doing... You will help our most important customers move their business forward....
Teamlead Application Germany, Switzerland, Israel (m/f/div.) Teamlead Application Flavours –...
Role Project Manager Auto req ID 32260BR Skillset HP3000 technologies , HP Service...
HR Manager HR Manager - Your future position? As a member of our local HR team in Dortmund you...
Job Description When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be...
Head Quality Germany (m/f/div.) Your next Position? In this exiting role you plan, organize and...