General Template - Hach EU-HAC005121
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
This position is responsible for global leadership within the Process Solutions Business Unit (PSBU). The Business Unit Manager builds and develops a high-performing team of product management professionals, and leads this team to drive long-term commercial success of their product portfolio. This includes collaboration with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations colleagues to develop and commercialize new products, create and deliver annual growth plans, and generally help Hach customers more effectively meet their water quality and regulatory requirements.
Provide leadership and drive cross-functional alignment to deliver company objectives, including but not limited to:
- Build and develop a highly-engaged, high-performing, growth-oriented team
- Ensure the team is doing the right things (focusing on the critical few) and doing things right (leveraging DBS and best demonstrated practices)
- Motivate associates to perform at their highest levels
- Remove obstacles to growth through creative, cross-functional collaboration
Growth and Product Management
- Deliver annual objectives for the PSBU including revenue, margin, share gain, pricing, quality, and successful new product commercialization. Lead cross-functional problem solving when performance is not meeting targets
- Develop compelling product strategies to ensure the long-term commercial success of the category
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to demonstrate new and higher standards for well-executed new product introductions and commercial tactics to drive growth for existing products
- Drive execution of temporary countermeasures to quality and delivery issues even before root cause is determined to maintain customer satisfaction
- Product Applications
- Provide support for product portfolio and its uses in various applications to both the sales organization and directly to the customer
- Drive new application development to ensure we have the right solution for valuable customer problems in adjacent markets and applications
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES/ SUCCESS FACTORS
- Followership: can quickly establish credibility, trust and support with all levels of the organization including peers, direct reports and senior management
- Zoom in/ zoom out: ability to perform detailed analysis, connect insights, articulate a vision, develop a strategic plan, and execute at a tactical level
- Collaboration: manage relationships, deliverables, expectations and leverage expertise of business units and functions across Hach and Danaher
- Resilience: maintain a positive “we will win” attitude in the face of obstacles
- Ownership: approach work with a strong sense of accountability, commitment and urgency
- Growth mindset: creatively develop paths forward to growth where others get stuck, commit to continuous improvement at personal and organizational levels
- Self-driven problem solver: confidence and self-motivation to proactively identify root cause of issues, propose solutions and fill leadership gaps
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-NW-Düsseldorf
: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Nordrhein Westfalen-Dusseldorf
Applications Specialist Tracking #: 4508 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position Type: Full-Time/Regular Description WE are Self-starters, WE are Passionate, WE are Relationship builders, WE are...
Software Engineer, C++ Developer Tracking #: 4515 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position Type: Full-Time/Regular Description WE are Self-starters, WE are Passionate, WE are Relationship builders,...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 373 of 1000 Clinical Trial Assistant (m/w) Company: Docs Global (Continental Europe) Location:...
Worker Sub-Type: Student (Fixed Term) Job Description: Studentische Hilfskraft / Technical Student - IT Administration and Support Are you eager to support us increasing product quality and...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Secusmart, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, is the leading expert in the development and implementation of comprehensive anti-eavesdropping solutions...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Be part of something special; come join the Secusmart Sales Support Team! Secusmart, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, is the leading expert in the...
Applications Specialist Tracking #: 4508 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position...
Software Engineer, C++ Developer Tracking #: 4515 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 373 of...
Worker Sub-Type: Student (Fixed Term) Job Description: Studentische Hilfskraft / Technical...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Secusmart, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, is the...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Be part of something special; come join the Secusmart...