At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has approximately 2,700 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. St. Jude Medical is now Abbott.
Abbott is currently looking for a
(Senior) Accountant (w/m)
located in Wiesbaden
- Assist and maintain the documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with the management of outsourced functions and hub service providers for assigned entity
- Oversee the quality of the accounting provided by outsourcer and hub shared service organizations including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Apply analytical methods for the controlling of outsourcer and hub shared service providers.
- Work with other team members in the provision of entity controlling activities
- Assist for assigned entity regarding internal and external audits
- Assist as point of contact for all divisions operating within assigned entity
- Assist with the coordination of all master data management requests from corporate for the respective entity
- Support the quarterly and year-end close processes to ensure accurate and timely US GAAP and HGB (annual only) reporting.
- University of Equivalent Finance degree with a focus on accounting and controlling
- CPA or European equivalent, preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in Accounting in an international company
- Strong US GAAP and HGB accounting knowledge and skills
- Experience with close processes for quarterly and year-end
- Experience in consolidation matters would be an advantage
- SAP ECC 6 experience in the FI/CO modules
- Strong PC skills in Excel and MS-Office
- Strong communication skills, Fluent in English, German
- Hands-on and self starter mentality, Results and goal oriented.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on challenges
- Excellent financial analysis skills
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Accounting & Reporting
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
LSR Injection Molding Research Specialist-1808689 Description The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity as a Injection Molding Research Specialist (f/m) to support the Dow Silicones...
Description: Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Geospatial Software Engineer to work in Wiesbaden, Germany, after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting...
Sales Representative - Agriculture for Engines-180004A9 Description Sales Representative – Agriculture for Engines Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create...
Area Account Manager-180005BB Description Area Account Manager Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re...
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world works Industries Agriculture Construction& Operations Geospatial Natural Resources, Utilities &...
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis...
LSR Injection Molding Research Specialist-1808689 Description The Dow Chemical Company has an...
Description: Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Geospatial Software Engineer to work...
Sales Representative - Agriculture for Engines-180004A9 Description Sales Representative –...
Area Account Manager-180005BB Description Area Account Manager Cummins is a place big enough to...
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world...
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company...