Job ID R185173-3
VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery.
The Domain Architect’s main objective is to translate business strategy, objectives and goals into EUC Solutions and services that drive tangible, demonstrable value.
You will work closely with the VMware field account sales teams - EUC Sales Specialist and Services Sales team - to drive bookings for End User Computing Solutions and projects, focusing primarily on large deals.
From a technology perspective, you will be seen as an authority in all things related to Digital Workspace including, Mobility, Desktop, Identity and Security.
The architect not only depends on their seasoned understanding of EUC Technologies, they will also understand our customer’s business challenges to be able to demonstrate how VMware can provide transformative solutions. To achieve this, they will be expected to appreciate the complexities of both legacy and modern organisational models within Enterprise IT.
Where appropriate the architect should provide oversight and guidance throughout the sales cycle, remaining involved in the project until commissioning to ensure the client derives the expected value.
The architect will also drive initiatives with teams across multiple business units in VMware, including EUC, Marketing, and Professional Services. These initiatives may involve creation and delivery of Presentations, Workshops, White Papers and so on.
A critical success factor of this role is a real passion for customer success, supporting the customer in achieving the vision with the identified solution; executed in a self-starting way.
- Lead the pre-sales solution process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
- Consult with customers and discover their business requirements; developing solutions that address their opportunities, demonstrating real value.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of the VMware EUC solutions, including both products and services.
- Communicate effectively from the C-suite through to the technical personnel, in order to articulate, differentiate and demonstrate the value of a VMware EUC solution.
- Navigate and orchestrate the VMware technical, commercial, Professional Services and product management communities.
- Provide oversight, consistency and leadership across all sales-stages, from early discovery through to working closely with professional services.
- A senior technical leader with independence and gravitas that the customer will respect and look to for guidance on long-term technical and architectural strategy.
- To provide the breadth and quality it needs in positioning Digital Workspace solutions you will be involved in a variety of enablement initiatives, including:
- Public speaking – conferences, events, training
- Press engagement
- Analyst relations
- Market awareness and direction is imperative to interpret the direction of the market and how that translates into opportunities and risks for VMware customers.
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Strong customer-facing experience as a professional services architect, with pre-sales experience.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" through strong listening and question-based selling skills
- Demonstrable experience consulting as a business/systems analyst or IT manager with a focus on IT operations.
- Ability to understand the intricacies of enterprise IT ideally gained from working with/for such customers.
- Demonstrable experience with End User Computing related solutions.
- Experience with architecting complex Citrix / Horizon based deployments
- Appreciation and experience of some of Digital Workspace capabilities, including many of the below:
- Mobility (Good, MobileIron, XenMobile ,Intune, E&MS, AirWatch)
- Desktop (Microsoft, Citrix, Symantec, Ivanti, PCLM)
- Applications (SaaS, Mobile, Client Server, App-V, ThinApp, MSI, ALM)
- Identity (OKTA, PING, Microsoft IAM, vIDM)
- EndPoint Management (JAMF, AirWatch, Microsoft, Ivanti)
- Security (MFA, RSA, DLP, Encryption)
- Validated experience delivering EUC transformation projects at large scale global enterprises
- Understanding of, and operational experience with, VMware EUC products including cloud offerings.
- Extensive experience presenting at large events.
- Excellent communications and social skills.
- Travel across Central Europe
- One or more of the following preferred: Prince II, TOGAF, ITIL, PMP
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Applications Specialist Tracking #: 4508 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position Type: Full-Time/Regular Description WE are Self-starters, WE are Passionate, WE are Relationship builders, WE are...
Role Title: Solution Account Manager Location: Home Office, Germany At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency...
Inside Sales Representative (m/f) - Germany-HAC006270 About Us Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality...
Senior Pricing Analyst (EU) (m/f)-HAC006154 About Us Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water,...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Be part of something special; come join the Secusmart Sales Support Team! Secusmart, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, is the leading expert in the...
Talent Acquisition Manager, Central and Southern Europe - WD30059149338 What you will do... Our Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise is responsible for recruiting across all business units and...
Applications Specialist Tracking #: 4508 Location: Germany - Ratingen Position...
Role Title: Solution Account Manager Location: Home Office, Germany At Vodafone Group we build...
Inside Sales Representative (m/f) - Germany-HAC006270 About Us Hach is a world leader in the...
Senior Pricing Analyst (EU) (m/f)-HAC006154 About Us Hach is a world leader in the manufacture...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: Be part of something special; come join the Secusmart...
Talent Acquisition Manager, Central and Southern Europe - WD30059149338 What you will do... Our...