1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1. 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
3. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
4. Additional specific certifications may be required.
5. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
6. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without any assistance.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. #BICES and #CJPOST
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Chemisch-Technischer Assistent (w/m/d)-LIF003899 About Us Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across...
Job Description Due to massive growth in our automotive segment with great forecasts for new business bookings throughout Europe and the main OEM and Tier Customers as well as getting strategic...
Job Description The Commercial Planning and Analysis team supports business development with analysis of commercial opportunities/issues to facilitate informed decision making. The team also...
Are you currently working in a role related to IT Governance and digital transformation and agile ways of working are your thing? Are you ready to take on a new challenge in Stuttgart, Germany...
Are you currently working in a role related to IT Governance? Are digital transformations and agile ways of working fascinating you? Then you might be ready to take on a new challenge in...
Job ID R1810373-2 We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Global Solution Consultant to join our team in Germany. Supporting our customers in driving their Business and IT agenda and helping...
Chemisch-Technischer Assistent (w/m/d)-LIF003899 About Us Pall Corporation is a global leader in...
Job Description Due to massive growth in our automotive segment with great forecasts for new...
Job Description The Commercial Planning and Analysis team supports business development with...
Are you currently working in a role related to IT Governance and digital transformation and...
Are you currently working in a role related to IT Governance? Are digital transformations and...
Job ID R1810373-2 We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Global Solution Consultant to...