Data Center Technician-18000ZF7
The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on.
The future is about providing higher level services that companies can more quickly consume. Oracle poses an interesting concern for companies like Amazon, they are not worried about us catching them on the EC2 side, they are worried more about Oracle ‘s enterprise customer base and the unique opportunity to convert those customers to cloud.
Oracle plans to maneuver the entire company’s tech focus to provide this.
Are you an experienced Data Center Technician that has experience from racking & stacking to deployment & decommissioning – and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3-8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000+ server systems).
- Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- IT Hardware Concepts, troubleshooting and repair
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with little direct management
- Open to provide after-hours support as needed
- Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
- Responsible for a shift in a 24/7/365 working environment
- Knowledge of data center ecosystem (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
- IT Hardware Concepts, to include:
- x86 Architecture
- Linux/Unix Administration
- Boot Process
- File Systems
- Directory Structure
- Base Operating System Install
- Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- Minimal travel will be required.
- Fluent in German and English
- * Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
If this the challenge you are looking for and you meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as technical liaison for our technical teams.
- Ability to understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner.
- Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with internal customers.
- Ability to work well with demanding customer environment and delight customer.
- Strong Adherence to Process and be process champion.
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technologies.
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service.
- Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
: Information Technology
: Regular Employee Hire
Division: id Software Germany | Department: Programming | Location: Frankfurt , DE id Software is looking for an Engine Programmer to help define, create, and maintain significant portions of...
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world works Industries Agriculture Construction& Operations Geospatial Natural Resources, Utilities &...
Position Summary Ensure GMP compliance of products manufactured and/or tested at a contract facility. Ensure all aspects of product manufacturing and/or testing are reviewed versus established...
Job overview The Translational Informatics (TI) department in the Translational Medicine Early Development (TI-TMED) platform at Sanofi is searching for a Senior Scientist in clinical data...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our...
Job overview The Global Device Development Lab (GDDL) is a Test and Development Laboratory unit which supports development activities of Drug Device Combination products and Medical Injection...
Division: id Software Germany | Department: Programming | Location: Frankfurt , DE id Software...
partners trimble worldwide service centers dealer locator Transforming the way the world...
Position Summary Ensure GMP compliance of products manufactured and/or tested at a contract...
Job overview The Translational Informatics (TI) department in the Translational Medicine Early...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving...
Job overview The Global Device Development Lab (GDDL) is a Test and Development Laboratory unit...