175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
For Group Commercial Contracting Operations we are seeking for a
Contract Assistant (m/f)
as a temp with a fix-term contract (30.09.2018)
The contract assistant (CA) supports the hotel purchaser during purchasing activities and responsible for downstreaming of the contract towards bookable hotel offers in the sales environment for all continental European markets.
- By gathering hotel contract details, hotel sales and margin performance, the CA supports the hotel contractor with necessary information for the hotel contractor to create a hotel negotiation and renegotiation strategy which is value-adding for the tour operator business, in total representing more than 2mio clients/year. 2 bio € turnover
- CA is the administrative SPOC for all destination related administrative questions. She/he will support questions coming from outside (Agencies, Hoteliers, Customers (via Sales/in resort reps)) as from inside Thomas Cook. (Downstream departments (Product, Pricing, Publishing, Call Centers, Travel-Agents, Settlement)
- CA is responsible for correctand timely processing and downstreaming, factsheets, offer definitions, rates, contributions of hotel- hotel special services - and roundtrip contracts. These items are the starting point, and cornerstone of the TC Production Model.
- The CA is involved in the correct settlement of hotel contracts. Indirect through adjusting the contract to a logical and system friendly build in order for payments to be processed correctly towards our suppliers, directly through the analysis and invoicing of brochure contributions and overrides.
- CA will be transforming complex commercial agreements and renegotiations (offers) into TC-system adjusted grids
- CA’s can be involved, according to availability, in occasional project, training or management support work
- Analytical, accurate and able to take responsibility
- Can work independently
- Flexible, stress-resistant and team-player
- Organisational skills with correct prioritization capabilities
- Languages: German, English necessary
- Ability to liaise across functions; regions and cultures
- Vocal ability to constructively challenge peers and seniors
- System experience (MS Office, EKMS, FLIPS, AD) is preferred
- Product & destination knowledge is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of all processes in contracting and product organisation.
- Completed (Bachelor) university degree in business, the tourism industry or an equivalent degree or equivalent acquired skills in practice
Interested? Please apply online. If you have any question please contact Sabine Köppen (Sabine.Kopepen@thomascook.de)
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
TheRole: Team Assistant Ratings Commercial - 12 months Fixed Term Contract The Location: Frankfurt Office, Germany The Team contains: Business Development, Relationship and Portfolio Management,...
Expedia Associate Market Manager The Associate Market Manager’s primary responsibility is to onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel and property products (i.e. relevant,...
Supply Management Trainee ( Job Number: HOT05GI2) Work Locations : Hilton Service Center GmbH - Frankfurt Hochstraße 4 Frankfurt 60313 What will it be like to work for Hilton? With thousands of...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, etwa ein MonatJob Description: DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make...
What you’ll be doing... Are you interested in working with customers on a global level? Keen to support clients to lead their projects to a success? Do you like to communicate at different levels...
TheRole: Team Assistant Ratings Commercial - 12 months Fixed Term Contract The Location:...
Expedia Associate Market Manager The Associate Market Manager’s primary responsibility is to...
Supply Management Trainee ( Job Number: HOT05GI2) Work Locations : Hilton Service Center GmbH -...
Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving...
9 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, etwa ein MonatJob Description: DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless...
What you’ll be doing... Are you interested in working with customers on a global level? Keen to...