BCG's Advanced Analytics group GAMMA Solutions & Services delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value chain: Framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues in new methodologies and interpreting findings for our clients. The GAMMA Solutions & Services team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG – a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches.
BCG has established GAMMA Solutions & Services to support case teams in managing and realizing insight and opportunity by application of advanced analytics to our clients' problems. Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Scientific Modellers, Scientific Programmers, Data Visualization Specialists as well as Geospatial Analysts are the core of the GAMMA Solutions & Services team. They work closely with case teams to provide both consultation on analytics topics and hands-on support, focusing on data engineering, advanced analytics tools, modelling, visualization, and bespoke client-facing analytics deliverables.
The Analyst – Predictive Modelling, Statistics & Machine Learning will join a growing team with a global presence, and will work with both clients and case teams worldwide. Successful candidates shall possess analytical technical expertise, strong collaborative and execution capabilities, excellent communication skills, a practical and flexible mindset and high attention to detail and work quality.
Work with case teams:
- Design data bases and provide customized (statistical) analyses for client work
- Prepare accurate, well developed and tested models and develop analytical tools
- Conduct tests on the deliverables and create testing documentation
- Collaborate with case teams to identify and accurately address client needs
- Perform quality assurance according to standards and guidelines for client projects
- Work on site or remote with case teams and clients
- Work as an individual contributor directly with a case team or as a team member in larger case team settings
- Provide quick-response support to case teams on subject matter expertise
- Deliver highest-quality work both within team and to case teams / clients
- Train clients, consultants and team members on the use of data tools and methods
- Perform internal team projects and duties as required
- Travel depending on project requirements
Basic Job Requirements
- Undergraduate degree related to data science, statistics, machine learning, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics is required, advanced degree is preferred
- 1-2+ years of industry experience focused on statistics & machine learning or related areas
- Analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data, effectively manage complex analyses, technical understanding of system capabilities and constraints
- Previous experience working on applied artificial intelligence, internet of things analytics, real time decisions systems, customer omnichannel strategy in a global organization or professional services company is preferred
- Experience with collaboration tools & ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, GitHub) is preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English (other languages desirable)
- Problem solving, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and stressful situations with poise, tact and patience
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback
- Ability to act as thought partner and expert with stakeholders at different levels
- Work management, organization and planning
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, efficient time management
- Proactive communication of issues, priorities and objectives
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Customer and business focus
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to adjust approach to effectively interact with clients
- Focus on excellent client service and close attention to client needs
- Values and ethics
- Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust
- Flexible, self-motivated, and proactive out-of-the-box and critical thinker
- Able to respect all BCG and client information as personal and confidential
- Experience in data modelling and statistics tools and methods
- Data modelling (variable transformation & summarization, algorithm development, ...)
- Statistical methods (regression analysis, factor analysis, decision trees etc.)
- Experience with R, Python
- Experience with SPSS, Alteryx, SAS preferred
- Machine learning algorithms (NLP, deep learning etc.)
- Survey Analytics (Conjoint analysis, MaxDiff, etc.) preferred
- Experience with Sawtooth, Dataiku, Clarabridge, Mahout preferred
- Experience in core data visualization tasks and tools (one or more of the following):
- Design visually compelling reports
- Build interactive dashboards and data exploration tools
- Experience with Tableau, QlikView, R shiny, D3 or other visualisation tools
- Programming and/or scripting experience a plus: SQL, C#, Perl, Spark, VBA
- Experience with big data environments a plus: Amazon Redshift, Hadoop/HIVE, Teradata
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws. In addition, as a federal government contractor, BCG maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations.BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Your responsibilities will include: - Perform scripted, ad hoc and regression testing - Provide gameplay and technical feedback - Identify, classify and report bugs in Jira/Mantis - Create and...
Job ID: JR0074333 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: Intern Internship (f/m) for test execution and automation Job Description As an intern in...
Senior IT Product Owner – Innovation Scaling for Web & Mobile Applications You live to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions. You...
Req. ID: 121686 Micron Technology is a world leader in innovative memory solutions. Our company enables the world’s most significant technology advancements and delivers optimal memory and storage...
JR0074237 - Master Thesis (f/m) Evaluation of a novel method for measurement of VSWR, Intel, etwa ein MonatJob ID: JR0074237 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: Intern Master Thesis (f/m) Evaluation of a novel method for measurement of VSWR Job...
Job ID: JR0076297 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other Locations: Job Type: Intern Support of Reliability Stress Lab-Working Student (f/m) Job Description Perform...
Your responsibilities will include: - Perform scripted, ad hoc and regression testing - Provide...
Job ID: JR0074333 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other...
Senior IT Product Owner – Innovation Scaling for Web & Mobile Applications You live to break...
Req. ID: 121686 Micron Technology is a world leader in innovative memory solutions. Our company...
JR0074237 - Master Thesis (f/m) Evaluation of a novel method for measurement of VSWR, Intel, etwa ein MonatJob ID: JR0074237 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other...
Job ID: JR0076297 Job Category: Intern/Student Primary Location: Munich, DE Other...