Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator in response to an upcoming effort. This role requires that you provide outstanding support to our EUCOM and AFRICOM customers and team in Stuttgart, Germany. The successful candidate will be proficient in both Linux based and Windows based platforms. Knowledge of VM ware is also desired. In this role, you will be responsible for overall network and systems engineering support and planning, design, evaluation, and maintaining various components of the network and system.
***Must hold active Secret clearance to start work on program and must be able to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance***
- As a member of the team, the successful candidate will assist with the implementation and refinement of the customer environment by installing, upgrading and patching Linux operating systems and Windows operating systems. Additionally, the successful candidate will deploy and configure COTS/GOTS applications and participate in full lifecycle planning of hardware and software platforms. In addition, successful candidates
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems for classified and unclassified systems. Successful candidates will have extensive experience managing enterprise wide systems and significant experience administering enterprise servers and has strong working knowledge of PKI authentication, LDAP, AD and Distributed File Services.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. This position may need to provide after-hours support and respond to emergency situations and resolve problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires a BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or work experience in lieu of degree.
Solid knowledge of Linux, general Unix operating systems concepts and extensive systems administration experience related to CentOS, RedHat and/or SuSE or Windows Desktop and server operating systems.
Security implementations using PKI authentication and Unix/Windows OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
Must provide clear and extensive documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks.
Management skills supporting fellow team members, and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
DoD 8570 certification required, i.e. Security+ and OS certification, Linux+, RedHat, Microsoft, etc
Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS SCI
- EUCOM/ AFRICOM experience.
- VM ware and SDN knowledge helpful.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vertex Aerospace LLC- Lead Mechanic (Stuttgart) Germany - Requisition ID 104124 Germany-Stuttgart Description The Lead Mechanic is appointed to act in a leadership capacity at his/her site. The...
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Medical Devices Notified Body working as a Technical Specialist within the Active Implantable Medical Devices (AIMD) Team. The job holder will...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 400 of 1000 Clinical Research Associate (m/w) Company: Docs Global (Continental Europe) Location: Munich or...
Travel Counselor - (180005I9) Carlson Wagonlit Travel SatoTravel (CWTSatoTravel) is seeking an experienced and talented Travel Counselor for our Stuttgart Patch onsite location. As a Travel...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 346 of 1000 Product Manager (M/F) Company: EPM Scientific Location: Stuttgart Reference: 543010/008 Closing...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 347 of 1000 International Marketing Manager Company: EPM Scientific Location: Stuttgart Reference:...
Vertex Aerospace LLC- Lead Mechanic (Stuttgart) Germany - Requisition...
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Medical Devices Notified Body working as a...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 400 of...
Travel Counselor - (180005I9) Carlson Wagonlit Travel SatoTravel (CWTSatoTravel) is seeking an...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 346 of...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 347 of...